Saturday, May 15, 2010

MEDICATION TIME

The end of the story is actually a new beginning. Each time I go "home" I always try to see all my old friends. Five years ago, a bunch of us talked about having a reunion, but that's all it turned out to be. And you know what they say about talk? Talk is cheap! And if you're gonna talk the talk, then walk the walk! And let us not forget the best of all...actions speak louder than words!

So Mildred Ratched, the anal retentive organizer decided to take it to the next step. On August 8th from noon until 9pm, there will be the 1st Walter Street Gang reunion for all the people who grew up and/or lived in my old neighborhood plus a few others who I felt like inviting (a true hodgepodge of people). Food, drinks and music will be provided plus a swimming pool and a large pavilion in case it rains on my parade. So far about 50 people have RSVP'd and will be attending. Everyone involved is eager for August 8th to arrive. My attitude about the reunion is what doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger!

Gratitude statement: I'm thankful for being a resourceful person and for being enough anal retentive to get the job done!

All gibberish within ©2004-2010 Mildred Ratched Memoirs.

8 comments:

  1. Its gonna be a blast from the past...Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just came here to check in and I smiled when Can't Find My Way Home started playing...I really have to laugh at the randomness of the selections. It's almost like the playlist is synchronized with my brain.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy the music as well...Must be the time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. are you traveling north? or are the guests traveling south? Nosy people want to know.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jnuts, I go to Maine at least once a year. The reunion will take place while I'm in Maine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. don't you need a male traveling companion to protect your reputation? There are a lot of roués, cads and libertine's out there, trying to debauch innocent women.

    may I be the first to offer my services.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah hahahaha whoops did I do that out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jnuts, I think you'd fit in great with the Walter Street Gang....we could just tell everyone you were the person I kept hid in my attic for years. Wait a minute! My attic had too many people in it already! Were you the one who put various colored hand prints all over the walls?

    Margie, how dare you laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete