Sunday, June 20, 2010

DEFINING MOMENTS

Friday was a yoyo inspector day. One of the things we discussed was how one event can alter the course of your life forever. With that being the rule of thumb, I must admit I've had many defining moments. With out them, I have to wonder who and what I might be today. Without them, I believe I would have been a little more focused and wouldn't have spent a lifetime aimlessly wandering, but I like to think of myself as a late bloomer who will eventually find her niche.

Ten years ago, I was in my senior year when my father first got ill. At that time, I was working full time and carrying a full load at school. Because my father and I were business partners, I had to keep the business going by becoming two people in his absence which left me virtually no time for school. Although I made the right decision, it was a decision that made going back to school just a pipe dream.

Now, I'm in the process of trying to make it happen for myself again. I'm trying to get that wind back in my sails. I'm trying to regain that "I can do anything I set my mind to" attitude. Perhaps this time I'll set a goal for myself and actually reach it.

Gratitude statement: Although skeptical at first about whether therapy would help me, I have to admit it has led me to a place I doubt I would have gotten to by myself. For that I have to say, "thank you Amelia".

All gibberish within ©2004-2010 Mildred Ratched Memoirs.

7 comments:

  1. crisis moments are nasty and no fun, but they are significant. With hope, well will come out of them different but some how wiser. And for the positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are Go Getter, Now GET AFTER IT...Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SHST, I think it's a very small world at times.

    Ur-spo, I'm an expert at crisis moments...I'm ready to try some smooth sailing.

    Margie, one foot in front of the other...

    Laoch, education is always a worthy goal.

    Hey birthday boy, tell me all about the rebirth and all the events of the big day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whatcha going for??? I have decided not to opt for my BSN, but to wait, get my experience on the floor and go straight after my MSN through USA

    ReplyDelete