Wednesday, July 28, 2010

MESSAGES FROM THE CAVE

So I confessed to being an emotional cutter/love bulimic...yep, that's me! But what do I do with this juicy tidbit? I think by embracing the reality of who and what I am, I can and will go on like I always do. Does this mean I'm doomed to wander throughout life being alone? Possibly! But I can look back and I can truthfully say I had a ball making the mistakes I made. There's not much I would change...

Where do I go from here? I think what I need to do is turn the VACANCY sign back on and just be Karen. I think I need to go for the gusto any chance I get and live life like there's no tomorrow. If I burn out, so be it! At least I burn out being happy and not stuck away in my cave, being afraid of getting hurt. To hell with pain! Pain is mother nature's way of letting us know we are still alive...

Gratitude statement: I'm thankful for being alive!

All gibberish within ©2004-2010 Mildred Ratched Memoirs.

4 comments:

  1. sane, rational behavior is so overrated. i say go for the gusto. regret is for pansies.

    of course, I'm the last person anyone should take advice from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen, it doesn't matter, you can be both. I spent too much of MY life trying to label myself--I am many things. Just search, make, your center, your home, then you can handle the rest just fine. (You did ask for my advice, right? RIGHT!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "But at my back I always hear
    Time's winged chariot hurrying near;
    And yonder all before us lie
    Deserts of vast eternity."

    Be bold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are a wonderful person, it seems lie you are ready to BE that person, instead of dissecting her yay!

    ReplyDelete