Saturday, October 09, 2010

SILENT LUCIDITY


I awoke with an acute feeling of aloneness…

I laid in the dark trying to shake the feeling, yet every thought; every memory seemed to bring me back to the reality that I am alone. Did I feel frightened? No! Did I feel a quiet desperation tugging at me trying to tell me that NOW is the time to go forward into the unknown? Yes! The recognition and acceptance blanketed me with the belief that there are others quite like me out there feeling as I do. Then a calm came over me lulling me into feeling that by opening myself up again may lead me to a place that feels safe, new and unexplored all in the same breathtaking moment. I fear not! I embrace the journey and go forward into the night…

alone…

searching…

Gratitude statement: Too many nights I've laid awake drowning in vacant thoughts and feelings, but last night I was able to close my eyes and drift back into slumber. For that I am thankful.

All gibberish within ©2004-2010 Mildred Ratched Memoirs.

2 comments:

  1. definitely not alone in this-
    and the gratefulness when sleep comes again..

    ReplyDelete
  2. At night time when I need to sleep I think of my gratitude and it allows me to sleep, as then I know I am safe.

    ReplyDelete