Saturday, February 05, 2011

THE LONG JOURNEY HOME

Are we not the product of all moments leading up to the present? And what is the present, but a fleeting moment which is gone at the blink of the eye? I'm all for living in the here and now, but the here and now seems so short-lived and has no real depth or character. I am who I am because of the past and not the present or the future. I do not want to run away from it. I do not want to live imprisoned in it, but I do want to remember it with the dignity it deserves. I want to embrace the pain I couldn't embrace then. I want to be the friend to people I couldn't be then. I want to make amends and atone for the wrongdoings I did along the way. I want the karma I send out in the present, this fleeting moment to be good karma. I want the people whose lives I touch know the warmth and goodness in my heart. I want this journey into the future to be filled with all the possibilities of a happy tomorrow and a past rich in adventures that make me a better more enlightened person.

Gratitude statement: As I embrace things I ran away from long ago, I'm thankful for the strength I have now. I'm thankful that I am a person on a journey that has a past, present and a future.

All gibberish within ©2004-2011 Mildred Ratched Memoirs.

4 comments:

  1. The longer I live the more I appreciate the past. Mostly I recall good times and think to myself, "man, I wish I could live that day all over again!" I wouldn't really want the chore of going back and reliving my life, however. But the hard times taught me much too. Mainly that no matter how bad it gets, the sun comes up the same next morning (even if it does so behind the clouds). Looking back I of course have regrets. But in every case I did what I thought was the right thing to do at the time or what I wanted to do. So even that is a waste of time. Thinking about it that way, I guess the now is all we have, ever had, and ever will have. I also guess I'll never go home, because home is where I'm at at the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is nothing we can do about any of this but live in the present and experience it as the matter of worth, and as it is , not as the end or beginning of anything else.

    ReplyDelete