Saturday, February 26, 2011

THE PURSUIT OF TRIVIA


On Facebook I posted:
Without looking it up, does anyone know who the last Triple Crown winner was and in what year that horse won the Triple Crown....also what races make up the Triple Crown? If you get this right, I'll challenge you to a game of Trivial Pursuit.

Mildred Ratched responded:
hmmmm I know the answer, but I'm afraid I have to disqualify myself from the challenge....I do however, have a wonderful Trivial Pursuit story, but I'm afraid I can't share it here on Facebook!


Isn't it a shame I didn't let the cat out of the bag, by letting everyone know that Mildred used to play Trivial Pursuit for sex...winner got whatever they wanted? And isn't it a shame I couldn't brag that while she played for sex, she never lost a game?

Gratitude statement: I'm grateful for the twisted flare I used to have because without it my life would have been far less colorful and much more ordinary.

All gibberish within ©2004-2011 Mildred Ratched Memoirs.

9 comments:

  1. Doug B, I'm sorry if you feel like I implied that being ordinary is a bad thing. I don't feel that way at all...much of my life was spent outside the box. For me, "ordinary" was just a pipedream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see a Secretariat question.

    As to playing for said stakes, it is very important that you get to choose the other contestants, and also not to permit substitutions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laoch, it isn't Secretariat. It was Affirmed in 1978.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am ashamed to admit I would do this too, but purposely loose. My partner caught on and would not play anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mildred, my little sexual pursuant, I'm a trivia savant, you know.

    by the way...I'm not wearing any underwear. and I'm an excellent 'driver'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. just wanted you to know that I'm thinking of you today. sending warm thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooo, games, always fun! (I had no idea about the horses.)

    ReplyDelete