Tuesday, September 13, 2011

THE DEVIL MADE ME DO IT

I try very hard to be respectful and tolerant of other people's opinions and beliefs, but with that said I really need to express that I think airing one's dirty laundry on Facebook is not only stupid, but in my opinion, ranks as one of the most juvenile things a person can do. It ranks right up there with burning your husband's clothes on the front lawn. If you want to start a quick bandwagon, just post how you've been wronged, but only do that after posting a few prayers asking for God's guidance first. That always makes slamming someone easier and much more effective. After all, with God and Jesus on your side anything is possible, right?

I have to admit that I don't quite understand how the whole "Christian" thing works. So many people seem to roll biblical quotes off the tips of their tongues with such great ease, but without really having a clue as to what being a Christian means. What do I base my opinion on? Well, in part I see all the quasi-religious brouhaha posted by people claiming to be a follower of Jesus and then they turn around and do a character assassination on an individual (usually someone who doesn't have the opportunity to come to their own defense). Maybe what they write/say is factually accurate, BUT who are they to judge another? Aren't we supposed to love our enemies? Aren't we supposed to turn the other cheek? Aren't we supposed to forgive? Or are we supposed to pick and choose what we adhere to when God, Jesus and the Bible are concerned?

What I see happening too often is people's bad behavior being blamed on Satan. What an easy out that is! That excuses us from any responsibility or accountability. Oh, the devil made me do it! Yeah right! Or no one is perfect and we are all sinners... just another HUGE cop out! So we can all go to church on Sunday and act like immoral, unfeeling bastards the rest of the week because?
A) We can
B) The devil made us do it
C) We forgot to take our meds
D) Someone pissed on our Wheaties and made us mad
E) All of the above

I want to freely admit that this post was written by someone who has been known to be as crude as to post their own colonoscopy pictures on Facebook (for educational purposes, of course), to engage in witty banter with ex-lovers on Facebook for all to see (that's for educational purposes, also) and entice others to join the Sisterhood of the Saucy Tarts (OMG, the devil must have made me do it!)

Gratitude statement: I'm grateful that my higher power has a sense of humor!

All gibberish within ©2004-2011 Mildred Ratched Memoirs.

2 comments:

  1. I don't do Facebook. And this post gives me even more pause about it.

    That whole thing about Jesus boils down to people just cherry-picking quotes in order to bolster their own ideas.

    Personally, I have no problem stating my own ideas just for what they are. If you find them helpful, feel free to use them. If not, feel free to pass. Truth doesn't need any authority, and all the authority in the universe won't make error true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As one who read what was posted by this person on Facebook and as a Christian, I am in total agreement! There more than likely will be those who disagree with the opinion I am about to put forth and that is fine....we all are entitled to our own. BUT....the important part is to state that it is an OPINION...not written in stone!
    With that said...here goes!
    In my humble opinion, we were created with free will. I like the little cartoon pictures of the angel on one shoulder and the devil on the other arguing about what we should do. Neither one MAKES us do anything....we choose! I believe that being a Christian is how we choose to live our lives. Do your best to live a life that is decent, treat others with love and respect when we can, and pray for those that we just can't love and respect. When we mess up...take ownership of the screwup and make it right. Never open your mouth to put someone else down...our mission as Christians is to lift others up!
    ANYONE can quote the Bible....even Satan knows it word for word!
    She chose to Bash her husband - I believe it was wrong - she needs to take ownership of that and make it right!

    OK...enough ranting!

    A PROUD member of The Sisterhood of the Saucy Tarts who joind on her own FREE WILL!

    ReplyDelete