Sunday, November 13, 2011

THE CATERPILLAR NEST

Over the past several days I've been "writing" a blog post in my head. It's difficult to have negative things thrown my way and just turn the other cheek. The more negativity tossed at me, the faster my brain composed the words. I think what inspired me most was a response I got on a previous post titled DOES NATURE SPEAK THE TRUTH? from Adi. My blog post included a couple of butterfly pictures I had taken in Columbus, Ohio two months ago with two quotes about butterflies added to the photos. The quote Adi referenced was by Anton Chekhov.
In nature a repulsive caterpillar turns into a lovely butterfly. But with humans it is the other way around: a lovely butterfly turns into a repulsive caterpillar.

I think Adi wrote what everyone else was thinking: "Was Anton Chekhov referring to BBC?" [Thank you, Adi]

The mental imagery threw me into a frenzy to find just the right picture to include with my mental blog post. Sadly enough, the picture I liked best was a photo of a nest of caterpillars. I envisoned BBC's "campground" as being like a caterpillar nest...destroying everything that stands in their way. Although comical, it didn't scream "kiss my ass" loud enough, so I filed the last few days under being just another learning experience or just another unpleasant reminder of my MS Spaces days when flamers left their stamp on people's blogs by being lewd, crude and rude and then I let it go.

It stayed in that special place where we store things that aren't really worth addressing until I checked my email late yesterday. I have to admit I was pretty surprised to find the following cartoon sent to me by BBC with no personal commentary attached. I guess being obnoxious is reserved for the masses:


Okay, the poor, old, misguided codger obviously thinks the whole world needs to be packing heat. Yep, that's the way to settle a dispute...blow the head off your adversary and be done with it! No more dispute! Alas, the status quo is instantly restored!

Somewhere in all his divisive ramblings he posted this week, he got confused and made assumptions about me that are grossly inaccurate. He sees the world through narrow eyes that need everyone to think and act as he does or he sees them as being wrong...period...no room for discussion! I don't share his world view. I find that the world would be a pretty bland place if we all were cookie cutter images of each other. I feel people are entitled to their own opinions and lifestyles. If they're different than mine then they're just that...different, but not necessarily wrong. If BBC chooses to run around threatening/bullying people with violence at the drop of a hat in his corner of the world, then that's his choice. Maybe that type of behavior is acceptable and even welcomed where he lives, but where I live people take a different approach. I don't choose to own a gun for protection and/or sport because I have never felt the need to own one, but I do stand in support of anyone's right to bear arms. I find it pretty comical that he can't stand in support of my rights and choices. Do peaceful people threaten him and his way of life that much?

One final point I'd like to make and that's regarding the power of words. Sure, a bullet is swift and final, but words, spoken or written have a much mightier and far-reaching effect. The only thing a bullet can do is destroy whereas words have the power to penetrate in ways a bullet cannot. The old saying "the pen is mightier than the sword"...or gun in this case, is true in the world in which I live. That world still clings to the hope that someday brotherly love will prevail and peace, not violence will eventually fill the hearts of men. Until then, BBC if you're going to post any more comments/opinions on my blog, I'd like to remind you of a comment I wrote earlier:
If at all possible from now on unless you suffer from ADHD or some type of "social" Tourette's Syndrome will you stay on the topic when I post something?

25 comments:

  1. I've never known anyone as nonjudgementle as you as I have told you before.
    I can only hope to learn that from you....You go girl..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Margie, I think you need to go pray for me because this jerk got on my last nerve and remember to sniff while you're there. I appreciate you thinking I'm non-judgmental and perhaps I am in many ways, but I don't know a soul on earth that can't spot a caterpillar nest. Hey, do birds eat caterpillars?

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of us may be wrong, that may be you because you are so passive. And I don't mind that you think I'm a asshole or jerk.

    If you wasn't so wimpy and passive when young you wouldn't have allowed someone to molest you.

    Lady, grow some balls, it takes some to live on this rock. And of course you are judgmental, we all are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing irritates me more than some idiot that claims they are not judgmental.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only thing a bullet can do is destroy whereas words have the power to penetrate is ways a bullet cannot.

    Try to keep that in mind when someone is shooting at you. What in the hell planet do you think you you are living on?

    Tell you what, try talking to a gunman while he is shooting your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fucking spoiled city girls, they're fools.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Billy is packing a gun and will shoot any motherfucker that tries fucking with his date. Robert isn't and won't. Have a nice time with Robert, even though he is a fucking pussy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. BBC, your command of the English language impresses me as much as your compassion does. It's because of people like you that people who have been molested as a child stay silent. It's rather scary that you're so ignorant and cruel. That's a hell of a combination! By the way, who is Robert?

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is one very unhappy man, and although our first instinct is to try reasoning with him with love and understanding, there are some folks that will never quite get it....In my opinion, this is one.....sad and quite ugly. A bird might feast on this, but would suffer indigestion at the very least.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Linda, I think BBC now knows what it feels like to get his chain properly yanked. And to think some "fucking spoiled city girl" got the best of him and made him throw a tantrum like a 5 year old and show everyone what an old heartless fool he really is.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mr. DeNiro? Is that really you? Are you broadcasting from the BBC? Did you shoot the molestor?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Linda, I think BBC now knows what it feels like to get his chain properly yanked.

    A pussy like you isn't doing a thing for my chain. I'd suggest you get a shrink but all shrinks need a shrink.

    Heartless? Why don't you come here and tell that to all the folks I've helped here?

    ReplyDelete
  13. If those pictures on the side bar are any indication of how you live you live very well. But I see they are all animals, don't you have any male friends?

    ReplyDelete
  14. City girls will never make a pimple on a good country gals ass.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Being as we are not going to be friends I won't bother to pull out a gun to protect you, I'm sure that you will be able to talk yourself out of any situation.

    Right, what ever. Take a six pack of Ensure over and spend the night with Mr. Walnuts if you still have anything in you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous, please don't compliment him like that by calling him Mr. DeNiro. This Neanderthal doesn't carry a club, he runs around thinking this is the Wild West and he's the self-appointed sheriff lording over all the unprotected women and children at the Big Billy Campground in "Deliverance", USA. Of course, Billy doesn't shoot any molestors. According to him, children should be strong enough to defend themselves.

    You know Billy, there's one thing that you've written so far that's the truth and actually makes sense. You're right, we're not going to be friends and for that I'm grateful. Your arguments are weak. Your manner is gruff, at best and I find you boring and stupid. Now, run along and go save some deserving hillbillies and trolls.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jnuts, I don't think I've ever seen you respond to anything with only one word. Wow, indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  18. hahahha. you are correct. another red letter day, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Here in The Pathological Liars Club all days are red letter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Are you lying?

    You know, we all have times when we wish we could go back to when we were young, and it's odd that so many of us choose our mid thirties. I have no desire to be a child, teen or even early twenties. In my mind I feel like I'm still in my thirties, and 35, for me, is about the time I finally realized I didn't know anything, really, but was ok with it, and looked forward to continued growth. or some such twaddle.

    or maybe I simply remember it as a time filled with drugs and lots of sex...and miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I do believe I put this little mind fart on the wrong entry. bring on the depends.

    ReplyDelete
  22. "If you wasn't so wimpy and passive when young you wouldn't have allowed someone to molest you."

    Holy fucking shit, I cannot believe that a living, breathing human being such as BBC would post a comment such as the above.

    BBC must have not taken his meds when he posted this shit, as any self respecting human being knows and understands that molestation is an act of extreme violence and control over a child. Violence should not and must not be tolerated by anyone.

    BBC needs to crawl back into the cesspool of filth in which he came from.

    Muffy has Red Ass for BBC

    ReplyDelete
  23. Muffy: It's truly scary to think there are people out in the world who actually think like he does.

    ReplyDelete