Thursday, November 03, 2011

WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED ON THE POLITICAL SPECTRUM?

Often times, when politics or religion are discussed, it brings out the worst in people. It seems everyone wants to be right, but in reality being right is usually a matter of perspective and depends entirely upon which side of the fence you call home. I make no attempt to hide the fact that my political views tend to be liberal and that I firmly believe America has many serious problems that have been often times disregarded or minimized while other minor issues grab the forefront and cause a feeding frenzy. For example, why our elected officials feel that morality needs to be legislated regarding an issue like same sex marriages, but it allows United States citizens to go hungry and homeless is a subject that has always baffled me. If it's a matter of priorities, I think those priorities need to be challenged. I urge each person to become more politically aware so ultimately, when it’s time to vote, each person will put aside any apathy they might feel towards our government and vote from a sense of civic duty and love of their country.

Here’s the WORLD'S SMALLEST POLITICAL QUIZ to take. Your results might not surprise you, but maybe it might help some people focus their attention on the issues that they feel need to be scrutinized more closely by our leaders. Do the people in the party you voted for in the last election truly represent your way of thinking? Or did you just vote for the lesser of two evils? Just out of curiosity, who would you like to see in the White House starting January 2013? There are no right or wrong answers here...just food for thought!

5 comments:

  1. Your PERSONAL issues Score is 90%
    Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 30%
    According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is LIBERAL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For what it's worth, my score was Personal issues 70%, Economical issues 10%. A liberal, which should surprise no one who knows me. Perhaps a few of those questions were not worded clearly enough for me. I took a few maybes. I'm getting more apolitical the older I get. I think at the national level it is mostly a sham, controlled by big money interests.

    I believe in personal freedom - but not without limits; I believe in the power of people working to together in order to accomplish more, rather than a philosophy of "I've got mine, now everyone else do the best you can do" (in other words, I don't think Government IS the problem, as Reagan put it); I believe capitalism needs some restraint and oversight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your PERSONAL issues Score is 80%
    Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 20%
    According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is... LIBERAL

    I second most of what Doug said... I believe that the fortunate have a duty of care to those less fortunate. I believe that Government should play a role in ensuring humanitarianism is the standard. I believe that diversity is beneficial to all endeavours and that the more inclusive a policy, program or plan the more likely it is to have a positive outcome. I believe in universal health care and universal welfare. I believe that all people are equal and that victimless crimes are not the business of the government.

    I could go on...

    As for who is in the white house next year... I want to see Obama there but with the support of a congress and a senate that will back him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I try very hard not to discuss politics with others. At my age, you're not going to change my mind about anything, and I'm not going to change yours. Why expend the energy on something that can lead to anger?

    That said:
    Your PERSONAL issues Score is 60%

    Your ECONOMIC issues Score is 70%

    According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is...Centrist.

    Centrists prefer a "middle ground" regarding government control of the economy and personal behavior. Depending on the issue, they sometimes favor government intervention and sometimes support individual freedom of choice. Centrists pride themselves on keeping an open mind, tend to oppose "political extremes," and emphasize what they describe as "practical" solutions to problems.

    Not only am I considered a centrist, but a centrist with libertarian leanings. Once upon a time I was a left-leaning liberal. Who knew?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was fun to take. I knew beforehand that I was a libertarian, although the results do not really reflect my belief that those who are in need or are less fortunate should be taken care of.

    ReplyDelete