Wednesday, August 29, 2012

YIKES! I'M REALLY HAVING A BAD YEAR



I know my posts have been few and far between. My only excuse for my blatent neglect is the turmoil associated with having neck surgery (scheduled on my birthday, September 5th) to remove whatever is protruding into my spinal cord and adding yet another ailment to my growing list. My liver biopsy revealed I have autoimmune hepatitis. Nothing contagious, but it does have the potential to lead to a liver transplant. My doctor is sending me to Oschner's Clinic in New Orleans where all the liver gurus around these parts hang out. After I heal from surgery, I'll start treatment here, but since I have diabetes, the drug therapy will be a little more tricky. The standard treatment used I can't do...hopefully, the back up plan will put me in remission. They say what doesn't kill you, only makes you stronger...we'll see if that's true. On the bright side, I'm still managing to paint (slower and with alot more breaks because I have mind-blowing periods of no feeling in my arms). Just typing this has taken me about 30 minutes.

5 comments:

  1. Yes your posts have been far between understandably so. But we miss reading your thoughts and oppinions so hang in there and get better cuz we like reading what you've got to say:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I hope you the fall brings better health for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your birthday present of surgery makes your next year a better one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh swell. I had a liver biopsy once. Dr. held up the slice (it really was big) and we all said, "Looks good enough to eat!" Jolly chaps. They never really found a problem, but I hope they get you better soon! You are right, your share of nasty! :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. FOUR!! blogs which tell of the exxxcitement of Heaven; we ROTE ‘{theeyebeam}’ to show a true story about sex in Heaven after we croak. C'mon, people. The Liar's a deceiver: ain't no sex in Hell, yet, puh-lenty of sex Upstairs for eternity. God bless you. Meet me Upstairs.

    ReplyDelete