Sunday, October 27, 2013

DAY 12 - A SONG THAT REMINDS ME OF A CERTAIN EVENT

This is Day #12 of 30 SONGS IN 30 DAYS and Day #2 of 30 TRUTHS IN 30 DAYS. 
War lives on in some for the rest of their lives.  To the injured and the down-trodden often times coming home is the start of a new war they must battle.  The new, silent ninja-like enemy is faceless and lives everywhere.  It's like some emotional vampire who feeds on the most vulnerable. "War is hell" is such a huge understatement and so is "the horrors of war" when used to inadequately describe what a veteran and their friends and loved ones feel and live in war's aftermath.  The dead no longer suffer, but their legacy lives on in the hearts and minds of all who knew them.  We, the living, the ones who care and love suffer for the deceased and with the emotionally bankrupt survivors. 

TRUTH #2 - We are all connected.  I know that's a tremendous concept to grasp especially if you feel all alone.  REMEMBERING GRACE reaffirmed this concept for me in her blog post titled I hate boxes, part five....  As I read her testimony to how being the adult child of an alcoholic has affected her life, I found myself nodding and recognizing myself in her words.  I realized that no matter how alone we feel at times, that state of being is by choice. I realized that the human race is all connected by a common thread called humanity.  Sometimes we do everything in our power to break that thread so we can suffer in silence, but the thread is strong like the written word which beckons to each of us to outstretch our hands and share what's lurking underneath the surface. Yes, we are all connected!


6 comments:

  1. Awesome post! I forgot how much I loved this song by Poison!

    One of the most important things I learned in The Place was that I wasn't alone...even now, sometimes, I feel so desperate, but I just have to remember everyone I met who truly wanted to help, and had similar issues. I even learned to reach out myself...terrifying stuff, that, LOL.

    And I completely agree, so much of what you've written, I feel like it could have been me, I can so relate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you sought help, but please remember change and healing is a gradual process that often times is scary.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes I wonder at the connections we have....those unrecognized, those buried, those conciously severed. I think in pictures and often see this life woven as the most intricate silken spiderwebs, billions of them stacked on top of each other, every point of contact leading to another...fragile alone, iron together. Loved this song and your thoughts....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I loved your thoughts. Thank you for sharing them.

      Delete
  3. I love this Mildred and it seems to be the perfect choice of song. And yes we really are all connected and I find that to be a beautiful thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a shame that so many people waste their life hating and trying to disconnect than to be part of the whole by living harmoniously?

      Delete