Thursday, October 31, 2013

DAY 16 - A SONG THAT MAKES ME SAD

This is Day #16 of 30 SONGS IN 30 DAYS and Day #6 of 30 TRUTHS IN 30 DAYS. 

I picked this song for obvious reasons.  It's so haunting yet beautiful.  I've been to many military funerals, but the one I remember most was that of a dear friend.  After Taps was played and while the guns were being fired, the Blue Angels flew over (they were out practicing that day for an upcoming airshow).  It made me smile because I knew Michael would have really liked that type of send off...

TRUTH #6 - Sometimes even the saddest things have beauty in them if we just open our eyes and see with our hearts. 

4 comments:

  1. I grew up hearing this played every evening on the Army bases where I lived. Traffic would literally stop, and every soldier in uniform would get out of their car and salute toward the nearest flag as it played.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live very close to a base also and in the morning precisely at 8 am The Star Spangled Banner is played and in the evening Taps is played. It's become such a part of my day that I'm afraid I'd miss it if I moved.

      Delete