Monday, October 21, 2013

DAY 6 - MY FAVORITE SONG

This is Day #6 of 30 SONGS IN 30 DAYS.

I have many favorites that can vary greatly as my mood or my circumstance changes.  The song I picked to post here is one of my favorites because it's not only uplifting and filled with awe and hope, but it's from my favorite movie as well. Like Judy Garland, Eva Cassidy is another true songbird who was taken from us too early.  Unlike Judy Garland who took her own life, Eva Cassidy died from cancer in 1996 at the age of 33.



4 comments:

  1. Oh, I chose Eva Cassidy too for one of mine. I hate that she never knew how many people would love and appreciate the way she covered songs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song - especially the Jason Castro version!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not familiar with his version, but I'll check it out.

      Delete