Friday, November 01, 2013

DAY 17 - A SONG THAT REMINDS ME OF SOMEONE

This is Day #17 of 30 SONGS IN 30 DAYS and Day #7 of 30 TRUTHS IN 30 DAYS. 

I've been in a funk the last several days because I just learned an old friend from Kinsman Hall passed away.  I know the death rate amongst us is a lot higher than the normal death rate of people our age.  I know that even though we all slow down, that fast and furious life style we once lived takes its toll in so many unexpected ways.  Each time I learn of an old friend's death, it's never any easier.  It always makes me realize just how fragile and short life is and how each day we all are just one step closer to our own demise.  

This song was one of Pat's favorites when I knew her.  So this one's for you, Pat.  You may be gone, but you'll never be forgotten.

TRUTH #7 -  Death is something people need not fear.  It's something each of us was born to do, so live your life as you would want to spend eternity...in peace!

  

6 comments:

  1. At my age, I've felt the blows of such news too often. It doesn't get easier. But the privilege of having been part of someone's past is so valuable. Please accept my sincere condolences.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss. I don't know what Kinsman Hall is. I've read that my lifespan is shortened on average as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Kinsman Hall is a place I'm writing a book about and posting it online. If you'd like to read it, it's starting to be available as I post it on A House Divided: The Kinsman Hall Story.

      Delete