Saturday, November 02, 2013

DAY 18 - A SONG I LOVE TO SING

This is Day #18 of 30 SONGS IN 30 DAYS and Day #8 of 30 TRUTHS IN 30 DAYS. 

I've been a Stones fan since I was a child. Whenever my older brothers would play their early music, I thought it was so wickedly decadent and it made me feel so alive and excited. I just loved the way Mick Jagger would strut across stage like he owned the world and didn't care what anyone else thought. Now, we're all older, but the Stones still make me feel alive and excited whenever I hear their music.

TRUTH #8 - Staying young at heart is a conscious choice reflected by our actions and attitudes towards the world around us.  Those who stay young at heart don't wither on the vine.  They continue to blossom until the end.


4 comments:

  1. I have mixed feelings about this song... On one hand it's SUCH a good song, I think one of their best, right up there with my very favorite, Paint It Black. On the other hand, I feel a little uncomfortable listening to it, because I imagine Satan standing behind me and saying, yep, a song all about me, just spread the word. You just can't take the Sunday School out of the girl, y'know? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember where I first heard this song. Alas, I heard it over and over and over and I am rather done with it :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see, that's why we have to limit our guilty pleasures so they don't give us a major burn out!

      Delete