Tuesday, November 05, 2013

DAY 21 - A SONG I CAN DANCE TO

This is Day #21 of 30 SONGS IN 30 DAYS and Day #11 of 30 TRUTHS IN 30 DAYS. 

The most amazing thing happened one night as I walked along the beach.  I stopped to rest where a boardwalk and stairs had been built.  I sat on the stairs watching a large group of young people down near the water singing gospel music.  They were illuminated by the bonfire they had just built.  One of the guys in the group slipped away and went to his rather large "boombox".  What I expected to come blazing from the box was more church music, but I was pleasantly surprised.  Amidst the smoke and fire and the surf rushing onto the sand, Pink Floyd split the night air like a bolt of lightening crashing to earth.  As soon as the music begun the young man started dancing around the bonfire.  The crowd he was with lagged back to watch as the spirit filled only him.  He danced with conviction and such joy.  It was beautiful and infectious.  Before I knew it, I was drawn to the fire like a moth.  Rhythmically, I started dancing too and before long a few more joined in.  As the music ended, I simply backed away from the fire and continued my walk down the beach.

TRUTH # 11 - If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding!  



4 comments:

  1. Have can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went through such a Pink Floyd phase... all their albums (well it was a mixture of records and cassettes back then, LOL). Pink Floyd in particular takes me back to when I was 14/15 years old. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some day I should hear this album to get the context of this song.

    ReplyDelete