Friday, November 08, 2013

DAY 24 - A SONG BY A BAND I HATE

This is Day #24 of 30 SONGS IN 30 DAYS and Day #14 of 30 TRUTHS IN 30 DAYS

I've got to select the "27 Club" for this one.  Are you scratching your head and saying, "WHO????"  It's all those terrific musicians who left us at the age of 27.  Yes, I love their music, BUT I hate them for robbing their fans. I hate them for selling out.  I hate them for taking the easy way out.  I hate them for setting such bad examples.  I hate them for being weak.  And I hate them for being selfish.  Each time I hear a song by any of them it makes me angry that their inner demons had such control over their lives and ultimately their deaths.   The song I selected is for ALL the members of the 27 Club who are in rock 'n roll heaven.  R.I.P.

TRUTH #14 - Giving into your inner demons is selling out to inner peace. 

 

4 comments:

  1. Jimi, Janis, Jim, Kurt, Amy.

    It's just sheer luck that I'm alive and relatively well today. I'm not dead, I'm not in jail, I'm not homeless.

    They definitely shouldn't be glorified. But I can't be angry at them for falling prey to their inner demons, when I did the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not angry because they fell prey to their inner demons...the best of us do that. I'm angry because they let those damn demons totally devour them. They didn't rise above it. That's so sad and unnecessary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song.

    Yeah, that's a sad sad club to be a member of.

    ReplyDelete