Saturday, November 09, 2013

DAY 25 - A SONG I WISH I HAD WRITTEN

This is Day #25 of 30 SONGS IN 30 DAYS and Day #15 of 30 TRUTHS IN 30 DAYS

I think there's a "Hotel California" in every state, in every country and in each of us at some time in our lives...

TRUTH #6 - We all have felt trapped and helpless at times.  Remember this the next time you feel like giving up.  There's two ways out: the easy way and the right way.  This makes me think of a Carlos Castenada quote:

“We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same.”  



8 comments:

  1. Good category.
    This is another song I know all the words to...
    What's funny about this one is that it's timeless, and multi-generational...I remember stealing my parents' 8-track Eagles tape and listening to them over and over, and I felt like this was my song...and then Chelsea discovered Hotel California on my iTunes, stole it, and she thought SHE owned it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Strange how a 6-minute song can stay in my head for 36 years. I like your take on the metaphor it presents. It has always induced an alert silence in this old Californian --an effect of excellence in the lyric and melody.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Music is art for the ears. The good songs stick with us always.

      Delete
  3. I like these music posts... On a dark desert highway...a fruitfly is driving me nuts...

    Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  4. it makes me wonder what song I wished I had written.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should think about it and then let me know what you decide on.

      Delete