Monday, November 11, 2013

DAY 26 - A SONG I WISH I COULD PLAY ON AN INSTRUMENT

This is Day #26 of 30 SONGS IN 30 DAYS and Day #16 of 30 TRUTHS IN 30 DAYS
(I took a day off from doing this list...oops! There I go breaking the rules again.)

I know not everyone in the world likes this type of music and for those of you who aren't a fan, you'll have to trust me when I say if we could step back in time and channel some love into Axl Rose maybe Guns N Roses would still be together. What a shame that talent and chemistry like this was wasted. If I could play the guitar like Slash, I'd be known, respected and idolized the whole world through. Oh wait a minute! He already is!


TRUTH #16 - Sometimes we all overlook our talents and take them for granted.  Sometimes the more talented we are, the more hell bent on destruction we are.  The solution may be to wear blinders and to not listen to any other voice than the one that governs our hopes and dreams.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, how I loved G n' R. My Appetite For Destruction cassette got so worn out I had to buy a new one. Tapes were awful back in the day. I'm so glad Slash has survived and thrived despite Axl's craziness and megalomania.

    Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, Steve. I remember the original five's names, instruments, song arrangements on the albums...how did such a good thing go so terribly wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like i said, if only he stayed sane. .slash worked with izzy recently if i'm not mistaken... duff too. oh well, guess we'll have to settle. Slash is doing amazeballs though and that kinda makes up for all the hard feelings I have towards axl haha

      Delete
    2. It's all about forgiveness, oh bitter ones. They were great while it lasted and some things end quicker than others but ALL things do end eventually.

      Delete