Saturday, November 23, 2013

TRUTH #25, #26, #27 AND #28 - THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE

["TRUTHS" interrupted due to health issues or GONE FISHING whichever you like best]
This is Day 25, 26, 27 and 28 in 30 TRUTHS IN 30 DAYS

TRUTH #25 - Saying "no" is one of the hardest things a person must learn how to do and it's also one of the most empowering words a person can say.

TRUTH #26 - People who want to share their religious and political views with you almost never want you to share yours with them.

TRUTH #27 -  Logic will get you from A to B and imagination will get you everywhere else.

TRUTH #28 -  One of the most destructive forces known to man is gossip.

8 comments:

  1. #25 I still haven't learned to say no.
    #26 Yeah...
    #27 I hate having an intense discussion with someone who doesn't follow basic logic. Sooo frustrating.
    #28 Yeah... Only at work, we still do it. Even though I know I'm a bad person and I try to stop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like #25 best. Couple times in my life I've had to add "my conscience is subordinate to nobody" after "no", but usually "no' suffices and religious, political, unimaginative and gossipy people back off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I'd rather say no to my aches and pains that are keeping me awake.

      Delete
  4. I've become good at saying no. It took about 40 years, though. You can't gossip when you're a hermit. When I venture out of my cave, I sometimes participate in gossip and then feel guilty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're not supposed to reveal hermit secrets. My cave is painted bohemian red...what color is yours?

      Delete