Friday, February 28, 2014

GOT MILK?

"It's time to milk the cow" is what I always announce when milk needs to be purchased from the store.  I have to admit my household consumes a lot of milk.  In fact, we love milk!  I say "we", but it's actually me who consumes large quantities of moo juice. 

Earlier this week upon picking up my youngest son from work I made my usual announcement thinking we'd just stop at a convenience store on the way home.  I have the "I buy, you fly" policy so he knew he'd be expected to go in the store, but wouldn't have to spend his own money.  What ensued from Point A to Point B was a 30 minute dissertation about me drinking too much milk.  I graciously listened and simply asked him as we pulled into the store parking lot, "So what's the bottom line?  Am I supposed to stop drinking so much milk?"  My theory is that he just didn't feel like going into the store because the answer to my question was a quick "no" as I parked the car. He did come back with a Milky Way as a peace offering, so I guess his whole dissertation was a moot point, but one in which he was willing to concede his defeat. 

Before any of you start typing out a response telling me that large amounts of dairy might not be good for me, let me move on to the rest of the story.  I have a vitamin D deficiency.  For the last 9 months I take huge quantities of prescribed vitamin D, but my numbers never improve when I have blood tests done every 3 months.  I remain hopeful, but in the meantime it's time to milk the cow!

10 comments:

  1. You enjoy your dairy girl....how I wish I could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2nd try I hate these comment boxes.
    Milk is good...it's filling, has protein, and it's expensive, since I like Horizon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that drummer.
    And I think you nailed just why your son delivered that dissertation. Clever - and I love that he gave in gracefully. I have a Vitamin D deficiency myself. Sigh,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My sons are good guys...my younger one is so much like his grandmother in ways that it makes me nuts. They both argue with me every time I open my mouth regardless of the subject. I think I'd have a heart attack if either or both just one time said ..."OKAY" LOL

      Delete
  4. I love milk! Love it! If I could only ever have one liquid for the rest of my life it would be milk. If it isn't in the house I get anxious. There are times when drinking milk almost makes me cry. I am serious! It is so sweet and delicious and healthy. The only stipulation is it has to be non-fat skim milk. We grew up drinking it so that is what I am used to. And do you know what? I have never met anyone that loves milk as much as I do so I love this post.



    Ⓒⓞⓦ ───────────
    ──└░░░┘░░░░█░░░░░─────
    ──░▄░▄░░█░▀█▀░█▀░╗────
    ───░░░▐█░░░█░░██░╚────
    ───└─┘░░██░█░░░░░─────
    ──────▌▐────╰ͫ╯▐▐─────

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kindred spirits are everywhere! Thanks for the picture of the cow.

      Delete
  5. Milk, ugh.
    I've never been able to drink it, not even when I was little. Water is my drink.
    I buy skim milk only, for Chelsea, and also to put on my cereal.

    Chelsea loves milk and drinks glasses and glasses of it. I don't get it!

    ReplyDelete