Saturday, March 08, 2014

I AM NOT A HAPPY CAMPER!

My Saturday Facebook rant complete with comments:

[RANT ON]
I'm so mad at UPS! I mailed two paintings out on the 4th. It's not cheap to have them packaged for shipping and then on top of that the postage isn't cheap either. I got a notice on the UPS tracking site last night that one of them was damaged and they're returning it to me. It just makes me sick!

Debbie: That stinks!
Karen : yes, it does.
Linda: So sorry :(
Karen: Hopefully the damage isn't too bad and I'll be able to fix it.
Jo: That's so sad..especially when you took the time/expense to avoid that...
Karen: Tell me about it! Each time I mail out a painting it costs between 30 and 40 dollars depending on its size and weight.
Debbie: Wow!
Karen: They package them and that always costs a little over $20 and then the rest is postage.
Debbie: Holy cow!
Karen: Anyway...there's not much I can do about it right now. I'll just have to see how bad it is when it gets back to me.
Karen: I guess if I ship any other paintings, I'll have to heavily insure them.
Lisa: They can't blame it on the weather because it has been pretty good the last couple of days
Karen: But did you read it on there that it had something about severe weather....I wonder what that was about?????
Lisa: We didn't have severe weather. I don't know what they were talking about
Debbie: In other states...Washington, DC and around there.
Karen: it said "03/07/2014 5:09 P.M. An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery. "
Karen: I wonder what the emergency situation was????
Lisa: That was yesterday!!!!
Karen: Sounds to me like they just wanted to cover they own butts! It makes me so mad!
Karen: Even if it was damaged, I don't understand why they just didn't deliver it anyway.
Karen: I guess I'll have to start packaging them myself and sending them through the post office instead of using UPS.
Lisa: I don't know why either. It was right here in town. A lot closer that Pensacola, Florida
Linda: Services are getting worse and worse and yet we pay more and more....it does suck. I hope the damage is minimal!
Karen: So I guess it made it all the way to Brewer and then something happened to it according to the messages on the tracking UPS site: 

                                          
Brewer, ME, United States
03/07/2014 8:46 P.M. The package was damaged in transit. UPS will attempt to notify the sender with the details / All merchandise is being returned. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage.
03/07/2014 5:09 P.M. An emergency situation or severe weather condition has delayed delivery.
03/07/2014 6:50 A.M. Destination Scan
03/07/2014 12:31 A.M. Arrival Scan

Wells, ME, United States
03/06/2014 9:24 P.M. Departure Scan
03/06/2014 8:47 P.M. Arrival Scan

Chelmsford, MA, United States
03/06/2014 7:11 P.M. Departure Scan

Edison, NJ, United States
03/06/2014 4:50 A.M. Departure Scan
03/06/2014 3:02 A.M. Arrival Scan

Baltimore, MD, United States
03/06/2014 12:11 A.M. Departure Scan
Baltimore, MD, United States
03/05/2014 11:49 P.M. Arrival Scan

Florence, SC, United States
03/05/2014 3:58 P.M. Departure Scan
03/05/2014 3:40 P.M. Arrival Scan

Jacksonville, FL, United States
03/05/2014 8:57 A.M. Departure Scan
03/05/2014 5:34 A.M. Arrival Scan

Tallahassee, FL, United States
03/05/2014 3:07 A.M. Departure Scan
03/05/2014 2:02 A.M. Arrival Scan

Pensacola, FL, United States
03/04/2014 9:18 P.M. Departure Scan
03/04/2014 8:16 P.M. Origin Scan
03/04/2014 7:36 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS


Karen: and no attempt to notify me was made...go figure!
Karen: I would have just told them to deliver it damaged.
Linda: There was absolutely no bad weather in Maine this week
Karen: it said "an emergency situation or severe weather condition"....I guess aliens tried to abduct it or something.
Karen: Lisa, said she was going to call them tomorrow and try to find out what happened. I'll be curious to find out what lies they come up with.
Karen: I even sent them a message last night on their website and I've gotten no response from that.
Karen: The plot thickens! It must have been those damn aliens!
Linda: Aha.......aliens....that must be it!
Karen: I hope Lisa jerks a knot in someone's head over this!
Linda: They never come take me.....I'm due for an abduction!
Linda: I bet she will!!! And SHOULD!
Karen: and a good probing!
Karen: You know how bitchy those Maine women can get...
Karen: I think the UPS here is going to find out how bitchy this Maine woman can be!
Karen: I'll send Mildred after them.
Karen: That'll teach them!
Rita: Oh no that's terrible
Karen: After a horrible winter, a Maine woman is worse than a bear coming out of hibernation.
Karen:
 
Janice: I surely hope you had them insured!
Karen: I just had the minimum insurance on them.
Janice: The emergency situation could have been that the driver was so confused by the 'severe weather' that was supposed to happen that he couldn't think straight enough to get out of his truck, off his behind and get to the destination?!? If he had to cover the cost of the damages himself, then he'd get the next one delivered on time. Pull that head out of your @zz, Mister!
Karen: Janice, it's okay to write ASS especially when it's in reference to my painting being damaged!

[RANT OFF]

10 comments:

  1. Hiss and spit.
    And repeat.
    Though the rant has made me smile - rather a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smiling is a great thing and I'm so glad I could put one on your face.

      Delete
  2. My husband used to work for the post office and he had STORIES to tell! Most workers try hard to deal your package safely and on time but there are others that don't give a rat's ass. They hide them away until it is a convenient time and throw packages around. I don't really trust any courier company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there's all sorts of horror stories courier company employees could share. Maybe we'll even have a few shared right here....stranger things have been known to happen!

      Delete
  3. What I liked best was the cartoon. Alas, I have a few people who do this !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good solid rant there. Hope it made you feel a bit better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somewhat better, but I won't feel right until my painting is back in my hands.

      Delete
  5. Karen, if you email me the tracking number I can probably give you the real story when I get to work in the morning. I work in international, not domestic, so you'll still need to follow up with them, but I can decipher the scans for you and tell you what happened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sent you a private message on Facebook with the tracking number....Thanks!

      Delete