Monday, March 03, 2014

MUSICAL MONDAY - #1

WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY on Under The Porch Light and SUNDAY SELECTIONS on Drifting through life has inspired me to start my own weekly meme called MUSICAL MONDAY. Music is as diverse as each of us and can give all of us an opportunity to share who we are through its magical experience. Since Monday is touted as being the worst day of the week, perhaps a little music will help change its bad reputation and spread a little joy on such a horrific day. So let the love ripple forth!

The rules of MUSICAL MONDAY are easy:
1. Post a song of your choice under the MUSICAL MONDAY title.
2. If the song you post is not an original song, make sure credit is given to the artist.
3. Write something about your song choice. It doesn't have to be long. Just a short written glimpse inside your head to accompany your musical one will suffice.
3. Post a link back to MILDRED RATCHED MEMOIRS somewhere in your post so others can find there way here.
4. Post a comment here indicating that you're participating so Mildred and others can visit you and listen to our selection.
5. Have fun and help make Monday a musical place to be!

My first selection is: GIVE ME ONE REASON BY TRACY CHAPMAN

Why? Just because this was the first song that popped into my head. It's sassy and has just right amount of attitude for Monday. Perhaps, it's the song I might play if anyone actually had the cohones to hit on this over fifty and fabulous red hot momma! Or perhaps I'm just delusional! LOL



16 comments:

  1. Oooooh fun................I'm in and headed back home to post some Monday music.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing and hearing your selection.

      Delete
  2. I've got Build Me Up Buttercup playing on Handprints In The Attic. Come on over and shake your tail feathers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your selection - which is new to me. Thank you. I think I will expand my education from the sidelines - but thank you and all the other players.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Expanding one's education is a great thing! Thank you for listening and commenting.

      Delete
  4. when Tracy Chapman released this, we were young parents and the novelty of her style was riveting. Thanks for this gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Tracy Chapman!
    Thanks for following my blog, Mildred. I've followed yours, but it didn't use my picture and i can't see it. Google Friend must be playing up!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And thank you for following mine! You know how it is...if technology works, it's great and if it doesn't it really blows!

      Delete
  6. I have this CD. I always liked Tracy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting...hope you return many more times!

      Delete
  8. Great song choice for a Monday, especially my Monday which was yesterday which I am hoping no one notices that I am bit tardy but yesterday here, it was snowing on a Monday which made me lazy. When the Internet started acting up I glued myself to the couch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, thank you for dropping by even if it's late. You know what they say...better late than never!

      Delete