WORDS FOR WEDNESDAY on Under The Porch Light and SUNDAY SELECTIONS on Drifting through life has inspired me to start my own weekly meme called MUSICAL MONDAY. Music is as diverse as each of us and can give all of us an opportunity to share who we are through its magical experience. Since Monday is touted as being the worst day of the week, perhaps a little music will help change its bad reputation and spread a little joy on such a horrific day. So let the love ripple forth!
The rules of MUSICAL MONDAY are easy:
1. Post a song of your choice under the MUSICAL MONDAY title.
2. If the song you post is not an original song, make sure credit is given to the artist.
3. Write something about your song choice. It doesn't have to be long. Just a short written glimpse inside your head to accompany your musical one will suffice.
3. Post a link back to MILDRED RATCHED MEMOIRS somewhere in your post so others can find there way here.
4. Post a comment here indicating that you're participating so Mildred and others can visit you and listen to our selection.
5. Have fun and help make Monday a musical place to be!
My first selection is: GIVE ME ONE REASON BY TRACY CHAPMAN
Why? Just because this was the first song that popped into my head. It's sassy and has just right amount of attitude for Monday. Perhaps, it's the song I might play if anyone actually had the cohones to hit on this over fifty and fabulous red hot momma! Or perhaps I'm just delusional! LOL