Friday, May 30, 2014

WHAT COLOR IS THE PLACE IN WHICH YOU DWELL?

In life we have two choices. We can either rise above the pain and sorrow or we can stay emotionally paralyzed by the demons of our past. Few of us had perfect childhoods and yes, too many of us bear the scars of coming from a dysfunctional family. Remaining crippled by our past takes away our ability to give and receive love. We lose the ability to forgive and move forward. We dwell in a gray area where our demons thrive. We are weakened by some unseen, unrelenting force that continually reminds us to never trust, to never have hope and to never have faith. That force is an emotional vampire, but that vampire can be defeated. It's a choice and the choice is ours and ours alone to make.
 

8 comments:

  1. A succinct analysis. Strange that the past has no physical mass but can still threaten to crush us. I have always pursued the future as a succession of choices, a freedom, but it is prudent to recognize the "gray area" in which "demons thrive". There is that toxic drain on vitality and well-being to be reckoned with. Forgiveness is difficult, but it is necessary to repair the future. Color? It gets more various as my reception improves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think sometimes my world is like a tie-dyed t-shirt!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back - I have missed you. I choose colour whenever I can. I acknowledge the dark side, but look to the light. Which I need to do for survival.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I missed being here but was feeling like I had nothing worthwhile to say.

      Delete
  3. Glad to see you back. I think we all have days where we dwell in the 'grey'. Keep looking toward the light.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the saddest people are those who are bitter about life. I have often said that we are all in control on how we color our days. Yes, there are times that can be difficult and sad because of circumstances, but to live in the past and to blame others for our misery is a waste of a life. We can only get joy by giving joy and you can only move on if we chose to forgive.

    ReplyDelete