Thursday, June 12, 2014

JAZZ SWEETLY PLAYED

This week's prompt from Under The Porch Light are: insulted, blacktop, mortician, jazz, dynamic, interfere



What’s that sound? My ears were insulted
But what resulted
At a quaint café where the blacktop ended
I was befriended
Not by the bartender or the cool cat musician
A friendly mortician
The dynamic sound of jazz sweetly played
The room gently swayed
Who knew that sound could interfere so deeply
Be a love given cheaply
But the music and I became man and wife
A love song for life
A love song for life.

6 comments:

  1. Marvelous! You took Delores' scramble, and your poem was filled with passions and imagery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really admire the direction that these words take you each week. Wonderful, evocative images.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I wish I had more stamina to develop them further. I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate the feedback I get. All you guys rock!

      Delete