Monday, December 06, 2004

IS ANYBODY OUT THERE?

I’m wondering who actually reads blogs and why very few people write any comments on what they read. I have spent hours surfing through blogs writing comments, yet I’ve noticed since I created my blog, I’ve gotten several hundred hits, but only 2 comments have been written. I can’t believe only TWO people in all of cyberspace have something to say. Perhaps it’s my material that loses favor with people. Perhaps people are just out here seeing what others are writing about or perhaps people are just too timid to write an opinion. Hey people, please free to tell me I suck and need to go hang myself…I can take it! Write something…ANYTHING!!! Feedback is great and is what all us bloggers crave. What a nightmare to do a blog and no one comments…silence during some moments may be golden, but silence on a blog is a true kiss of death. Once I figure out what a blogger’s suicide consists of I’ll let everyone know. I’m sure it’s something creatively sinister!!!

Addendum 12/6/04 10:02pm: Maybe MSN needs to enable people to search for blogs by category like other sites do (JUST A SUGGESTION and hope the cyber gods don’t zap me for speaking up!) The only way a blog gets noticed is when it’s new or updated.

COMMENTS FROM THE ORIGINAL POST:

MATT December 6, 2004 at 7:18 PM Edit
Hey there, Remember me? You posted a comment in my blog! Well you’ve gotten another comment! There are plenty of people out there, we are just too lazy to post comments! 😉


MICHAEL December 6, 2004 at 9:57 PM Edit
I\’m trying to figure this out as well. How is someone supposed to find you and your blog if no one see’s your name in the updated space window. If someone doesn’t bookmark your blog, how do they get back to it?


CHRIS December 6, 2004 at 9:58 PM Edit
Hey, thanks for the comment. Though I am not sure if I am going to open it up by site for comments. I am "new" to all this blogging so I am experimenting. I really don’t have time for extended comments– so for example if a conservative replied to me I would be compelled to write them back when I should be doing work. Does that make sense. Anyway go Red Sox! I am from Braintree, transplanted to rural Minnesota


NORM December 8, 2004 at 5:30 PM Edit
I agree with these guys. *I’m* "out there" and I’ll be back to this site!


SHANNON December 8, 2004 at 11:06 PM Edit
I’ve really enjoyed reading your blog. I will definitely be checking back! You have a real way with words.


RED December 9, 2004 at 1:16 AM Edit
It’s nice to have people start reading my posts and to see that they aren’t all lazy as Matt claimed they were. I think they just need to be lulled out of their corner to come play in mine.


JOHN December 24, 2004 at 8:48 AM Edit
I was surfing the web and discovered your blog. I was impressed with how you organized the material. Good job.The idea of ’blogging’ is new ( foreign ) to me because I would not normally invade another persons privacy. Your’s is the first website that actually requested responses. Thanks for the invite.I’ll try and make time to come back and read some of your other thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment