Tuesday, November 22, 2022

SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST

What doesn't kill us, only makes us stronger! Does survival really mean we are stronger or does it merely mean we're smarter and more leary of placing our hand in the same fire that burnt us the first time? Stronger would imply that if faced with same battle whether it is an emotional or a physical one, we would be the victor the second time around. But doesn't it take more courage to walk away from a battle sometimes than to stay and fight? Isn't that wisdom, victory in itself? 

Gratitude statement: I am thankful to be a survivor whether or not that means I'm stronger or smarter or both! 

6 comments:

  1. Hmmm, I'm definitely a Once Bitten Twice Shy kinda gal. If that makes me a survivor then alert Jeff Probst. I've been told I hold a grudge but really, I think I just have a wary soul, after having survived my childhood, that makes me unwilling to allow anyone a second chance at inflicting pain. I think as I've aged, I've gotten better at discerning intentional vs unintentional acts and therefore I can forgive and move on better, but there was definitely a time when I had a ONE STRIKE AND YOU'RE OUT policy.
    Am I stronger for all I've experienced? Hmmmm . . . sometimes I think I've been forged into something stronger but then I find some flaw and realize that there are pressure lines just waiting to be tapped, that will cause me to crumble. I'm not as self-destructive as I once was, though, so I don't poke at them or advertise them like I used to. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the multiple comments . . . somehow I doubled up the first time, then when I was fixing that I found a HUGE typo and decided to fix that. So now, having done all that, I was compelled to make another comment, explaining it all. Sad, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes it takes some of us a little (ok a lot) longer to WISE up...But then...I'm a firm believer in that four letter word HOPE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. physically, we may become stronger with each battle survived. i'm not so sure the same applies when talking about emotions. i'm still looking for the damned immunity idol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. TSDM, no need to apologize...you can write as many comments as you like. I think we all may mellow with age and some of those valuable life's lessons do sink in.

    Jnuts, when you find it, will you share it with me PLEASE?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margie, I'm beginning to think you have a thing for HOPE.

    ReplyDelete