Tuesday, July 17, 2018

My Mona Lisa

This is a painting I did a few years ago and gave to a dear friend (Lisa) who I’ve known just about all my life or at least as far back as I can remember. As an adult, she worked in the mental health field and my painting had a home on the wall in her office. We used to chuckle at her choice of professions because she had plenty of experience dealing with all the “case studies” from our old neighborhood as she grew up.

I think what surprised me most and touched my heart was her way of saying thank you. As a thank you she surprised me by sending me a bunch of art supplies. Now, that’s the kind of thoughtful friends to have. The figurines in the bottom of the picture were my muses who guided my hands and my thought processes during this endeavor.  Now, put your thinking caps on! Who can name my 3 muses?

10 comments:

  1. Hmm one is a wizard but which one? He could be Gandalf or Dumbledore or maybe another but I'm going to guess Gandalf cause Dumbledore is too new. One looks like William Shakespeare and the other one I'm taking a guess at Charles Dickens but I have no idea really cause he looks like a ton of different people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, let's talk about the symbolism in your painting, which I love. And did you ever find that honest man?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. First, yes indeed let's talk about the symbolism and the "borrowed" figure I used as my inspiration. This painting was one of my favorites and I happily gave it a new home with my friend, Lisa. I really need to start painting again before my mother uses up all my art supplies :) As for the honest man...No, not yet. Do you know any?

      Delete
  3. Okay, DaVinci, Shakespeare and. yes, could be Dickens, but it could be PT Barnam (wink wink) or Lincoln as well. Or Van Gogh with a dye job. Or...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Davinci and Shakespeare but not sure about the 3rd. I actually thought of PT Barnum too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The combination of your answers are correct...DaVinci, Shakespeare and Dickens. I'm going to purchase some additional muses. I'll probably get Van Gogh, Freud, Poe and some else. Any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You're quite talented and blessed with wonderful gifts. Glad your friend thanked you in such an unexpected and kind way. Aren't friends the best? I like your muses too! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words and yes, nothing can replace a good friend. :) My muses are excited to learn that I'm adding to my collection soon. The more the merrier or so they say!

      Delete