Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Smile!

Ha! I looked at this picture and it almost made me want to vomit. [lol] Did women really used to smile cheerfully while they ironed? Did the dishes? Mopped the floors? I must admit that the mundane things in life sometimes irk me so much especially when I could think of dozens of other things I'd rather be doing.  I consider housework mundane and bordering on cruel and unusual punishment, but who am I to make such a judgment? 

My dogs dog dislikes detests housework also. I had to correct that statement because I have a Shih Tzu who does not like any type of house work. My other three dogs are just fine. But The Queen believes that life is to be spent in my lap only. Perhaps I was a Shih Tzu in a former life and thus explains why mundane things irks me so... Perhaps I belong on someone's lap being pampered!!!

8 comments:

  1. Some bits of housework are worse than others. Ironing for one. Dusting is another. And cleaning the bathrooms. I like it when all of them are done, I just loathe the process of getting to that point. If there was a clean sheets fairy I would have clean bed linen every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Clean sheets every day would be like heaven. Ohhhhhhhhh! That's a nice thought. I'll dream on that one tonight and I'll change my sheets in the morning.

      Delete
  2. This very morning .... before the sun came up .... I cleaned out the frig. The only reason I did it was because (for reasons) it was almost completely empty and easy to wipe down.
    We are going grocery shopping later on today and the frig will again be full and there will not be another opportunity to clean it.

    I actually don't know if I like/hate housework or not. Maybe I'll try it some day and find out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Smart move cleaning the frig. Let me know how the housework thingie turns out when you do it. I'll be over here with my feet up smiling and waiting patiently for you.

      Delete
  3. I dusted once. It all came back! Not going to fool me again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See that was your first mistake. Don't do it ever again! Bad boy!

      Delete
  4. At this point it would be easier for me to move than to clean.

    ReplyDelete