Monday, May 25, 2020

QUARANTINED AND BEYOND

No, I'm not stranded on some tropical island! That would be nice, but I'm still here in good old Pensacola, Florida. Well, I never got my test results and I don't know who to contact to get them so I just said fuck it. Lately. I've said fuck it to lots of things. I feel fine and just chalked it up to another amazing clusterfuck. Go figure! I've just been hanging out in my backyard and doing lots of hard physical work weather permitting and when Mother Nature drives me inside I have lots of inside projects. 

I'm slowly redoing my upstairs cave, but I promise this time I won't fall downstairs and fracture a vertebrae.  Another change to my cave is that it's in a different room and it has 8 windows in it so it has plenty of wonderful natural light. I guess it really isn't much of a cave compared to my last cave that was painted a deep Bohemian red and rarely saw the light of day blinds closed and heavy drapes drawn. I look back on that rather long period of my life and I really was a hermit or a "troglodyte" as the dreaded Psychedelic Pariah used to call me. I guess none of you remember him and that's a good thing! 

Another change to my cave is that my cave now is strictly for creative use and I won't be sleeping there. Now my bedroom is downstairs. So, in my cave I'll be able to paint, write, sew, do crafts, wood burn when the kit arrives in the mail (if it ever does) and probably talk to myself and my dogs and cat, listen to music and wish the world was a better place to live and so forth and so on...

Several weeks ago I witnessed a butterfly emerge from its cocoon. I held the new butterfly in my hand before it flew away. My fence and area around it was covered with chrysalis waiting to emerge with beautiful butterflies. Other than hating fire ants, I feel like a real nature's child.  I feed the birds. I talk to the birds. I swear at the squirrels and the various insects. I talk to my flowers. My dogs started to eat the suet that I give to the birds. I swear they'll eat just about anything. I better watch out they might start flying around with the birds. I think I'd like to see that just as long as they didn't poop on me when they fly around. Martha talked about cutting down trees and the next thing she knew she had birds pooping on her. I'm thinking that they knew what she was talking about and was just giving her their opinion on the matter. 

Also on the whole bird situation...I have a ton on baby cardinals that are ravenous. I swear they can empty a birdfeeder before I walk back to my chair. I keep telling them to go get a job to pay for the bird seed! Or better yet I think mom and dad need to get a second or third job to pay for the dozens of babies I'm feeding. Does anyone know how many babies a cardinal has?

So that's about it. I have good days and bad days like everyone else.  I hope all of you are safe and well and staying sane throughout all this madness.

17 comments:

  1. It is LOVELY to see another post from you.
    I hear you on the speed at which birds can guzzle the food we set out.
    We have had to resort to buying bird seed in 20 kilo (44 pound) bags. And it doesn't last long at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for missing me. That means a lot to me and it's nice to be back from my self-imposed hiatus. I had some things to things to mull over and I'm sure they'll get posted here...all in good time.

      Geez, I never knew birds ate so much. I'm buying three 20 pound bags at a time and it seems I'm buying them more frequently now that I have babies on board. I also buy suet and other treats for them as well. The woodpeckers seem to like the suet and the compressed bell shaped seed I hang for them.

      Delete
  2. Gurl… did you do over your hair? It looks fabulous!!!!!!!! My birds here are a source of fun to watch, and give me something to care for in these here times. Same here, still home, still furloughed, and still on a rollercoaster of feeling about the idiots who want normalcy right away.

    I've missed you I was hoping you and Cecil were alright dear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for noticing my new "do." I cut over a foot off it. It seems it wasn't that long ago that I cut a foot off it. Damn I had some long hair. This old hippie is getting her groove on!

      Cecil and I are doing great and taking care of his beloved pear tree. I hate to think of all the idiots out the roaming around and in their honor I'm posting a little video tomorrow. I hope you'll get a chuckle or two out of it. Hugs and kisses~ Mildred

      Delete
  3. Glad you're well and keeping busy! I love your flamingo mask!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Thanks! I made the mask. I have a thing for goofy flamingoes and staying busy.

      Delete
    2. Love the mask. Love the photo. Not that it is surprising, but I have a flamingo mask as well. Not as cool as yours, but...

      Delete
    3. Thanks! I expect a photo of yours...did you make yours?

      Delete
  4. YOU'RE BACK!!!!!!!

    love the mask!

    deer eat my bird seed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'm back in all my glory...flamingoes and all. I'm thankful I don't have any deer in my backyard or else I'd be having to turn tricks in my mask so I could buy bird seed to feed the birds and the deer and whatever else comes along.

      Delete
  5. Here's a joke for an old hippie...
    Marijuana is legal and haircuts are against the law.
    It took half a century but Hippies finally won.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are spending more time in the backyard as the weather got nicer. Happy it is not winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank goodness for backyards! And thank goodness that winter is over! I live in Florida so I don't have to contend with snow and ice, but I do remember what it's like.

      Delete
  7. So relieved when you dropped by for a Visit and I saw you'd begun Blogging again. I had been concerned knowing you were waiting on that fucking Test and then went off grid! So, they never even gave you a result, par for this cluster fuck of how the Pandemic is being handled. I'm glad you bounced back from whatever it was and I Love the Mask. The Psychedelic Pariah, now I'm intrigued... is he hiding in the Blog Archives I Wonder? *Winks* Your Cave sounds like you will enjoy it... tho' the Red Walls of your other one remind me that I have yet to use my Kabuki Red Paint anywhere here at New Forever Boheme'... so I'm thinking one Wall... in the converted Double Car Garage Space that was turned into an Office by previous Owner and will be my Art Studio whenever I tackle the Hot Mess it is right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Psychedelic Pariah is like Beetlejuice! You have to be careful and not say his name 3 times because he may reappear and is not a good thing...seriously! If Jnuts ever makes an appearance I'm sure he'll weigh in on the subject. He and the Pariah had relationship like IBS or Crohns Disease.

      My cave was my hideaway from life from about 2006 t0 2018 when I fell down my stairs and fractured my vertebrae and was forced by my adult children to move my bedroom downstairs. They weren't taking no for an answer and at the time I was in so much pain I wasn't putting up any fight. I think it was the best move I made because it made me come back into the land of the living. That and Martha moving next-door to me and forcing me out of my cave and back out into the daylight has been a miracle.

      I still love Bohemian Red, but in smaller doses and with plenty of sunlight. Your art studio sounds like it'll be great when it's completed. I know you'll have all sorts of "treasures" in in and hopefully you'll take lots of pics and you'll post them all. :)

      Delete