Saturday, August 27, 2022

THE SAGE OF THE SPIDER BITE

I didn’t quite know what to expect yesterday going into my angiogram. I had a basic concept of the procedure but when I got in the procedure room and on the table, it was like I was in Marquis de Sade’s torture chamber. They started strapping me down to the table where conscious sedation would be used. I guess no wiggling is allowed! So you know me I couldn't resist asking which one of the six or seven people in the room was the dominatrix. OMG! That’s all it took! Those people erupted and off it went…

So the procedure went well, but no blockage was found. They used a device called a mynx to plug my femoral artery to stop the bleeding and I swear they used a sledge hammer to put the mynx in. No joke! I'm sore from my waist to half way down my right thigh. An interesting thing about the procedure is that they go in from the opposite side. The bite is on my left ankle and my whole right side is hurting today. My left underarm even hurts today and I have no valid reason for that. It feels like someone grabbed me hard by the armpit. My right side of my neck feels like it got tweeked somehow. I think they may have had a squad of little kids jumping up and down on me while I was unconscious. On the up side, I get to be a lady of leisure for the next several days. 

Because the doctor found no blockage, he now wants me to have a MRI of the area because he thinks it may be an infection in the bone that’s preventing the wound from healing. I just hope the MRI is a little earier on my body than this was! [lol] So the saga of the spider bite continues…

16 comments:

  1. Well, I'm glad the procedure went well even if you're sore from it. Enjoy taking it easy for the next few days. MRIs are an easy test although the MRI itself is noisy as hell. That surprised me the first time I had one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MRI's are a breeze...I've had many! As long as they keep those damn jumping kids off me! lol

      Delete
  2. That whole procedure sounds scary, I'm sorry! I can't believe all this has come of a tiny bite that seemed like nothing at first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think what made the whole thing worse is that I'm diabetic. Wounds heal so much slower.

      Delete
  3. Ouch. MRIs are much easier on the body - but they mess with my mind big time. Only the thought that if I scream my lungs out they will have to start again keeps me still for them. I really, really hope that a solution can be found for you. Quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things move at a glacial pace. Believe it or not, I still haven't heard a thing from the doctor's office. If I still haven't heard anything by Friday I'm calling them!

      Delete
  4. The picture threw me for a second. I watched a TV show last night on torture devices and that was one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol isn't this what they have in all doctor's offices and procedure rooms?

      Delete
  5. Having had an MRI (more than once), and i wasn't sedated, it was easier than what it sounds like you went through.

    May they find the cause and get it all healed up soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had many MRI's...just hope the band of little kids romping up and down on me aren't there for it! lol

      Delete
  6. "which one of the six or seven people in the room was the dominatrix"

    Good one!

    ReplyDelete