Tuesday, June 23, 2020

WHAT REVS YOUR ENGINE?


I can close my eyes and I can smell that smell. Can you? Ooooh, that smell! The smell of death surrounds me! It isn't just in the drugs and alcohol that people abuse. It's in our food. It's in our water. It's in the air we breathe and the pharmaceuticals our doctor prescribes us and deems as necessary and perfectly safe to take. It's in the cars we drive and the cellphones we use! It's in the sex we have! It's in the wars we wage! It's in the poverty and hunger all around us! It’s in our planet as it grows warmer and more polluted. It’s in the hatred and the fear we feel towards each other. It's in the politics that divide us more each day. It's everywhere! Just look around. It's in everything we see, feel, smell, taste and hear! There's no escaping it... I feel like I'm drowning!

Any insomniac, addict, mentally or emotionally disturbed person or anyone who has ever been in dire straits and is at the end of their rope with nowhere to go is well-acquainted with temptation, self-indulgence and pleasure seeking behaviors. Satan, imaginary or not, comes in many forms and touches the lives of the most desperate and the most vulnerable. We are his army, the hedonists of the world. Even when we aren't capable of actually feeling pleasure, there remains the memory of pleasure and what a driving force that can be. To love one more time...to feel the pleasure of carnal delights one more time, to experience whatever revs your engine and gets your creative juices flowing is the ultimate mind candy! SIGH!

I say it's time to dig down deep inside yourself and satisfy that wild hair that beckons you and when you do heed its call, please make sure you write about your adventure in explicit details and post photos so I can satisfy my troglodytic voyeurism. (Oh no! I think I just discovered a new psychiatric diagnosis! lol) So what really revs your engine? Be honest. To thine ownself be true... Here at Mildred's place we make no character judgments. We just live and let live! I need a little something something to put some pep in my step and I don't know quite what it is yet. Any suggestions? I NEED A SPECIAL WILD HAIR DAY!!!

Well, I'm off to the doc, maybe she'll fix me up. Ha! When has that ever happened? Hey, doc, have you got something that'll satisfy my wild hair? I guess there's a first time for everything and I shall return, but I have a feeling it won't be with a smile on my face...

27 comments:

  1. Is it wrong that I was singing the first few lines like I was in the band who sang that song? (Lynyrd Skynyrd right?)
    The pandemic has made me lethargic and all things that interested me have gone by the way side. Mildred dear, you put a fire under my ass. I'll be back in a week and answer this correctly. Not that you care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My engine misfires. It has failed to rev for a loooong, looong time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a bit in between "engine revs" at the moment. But sooner or later, a new obsession will come along!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the lockdown has made us all a bit blah. And now it's easing I still feel blah. All the things that used to rock my boat don't seem to matter much now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eventually things will get back to normal or maybe a new normal or what the hell do I know anyway?

      Delete
  5. I crave some Normal... even a fucking semblance of Normal... or even an Abnormal that has an Illusion of Normal. The Death part of your Post is what I've been wrestling with personally because I feel it, see it, sense it's presence and yet so many are acting as tho' it's not there and that is so damned Weird I wonder what alternate Reality they're experiencing? Thanks for this Post my Friend, I need a 'Fix' of some kind for damned sure, since everything needs 'Fixing' and is being left so broken that my Heart aches daily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just broken...period! But I'll get fixed eventually. I always do. Right now I just want to close my eyes and go to sleep...

      Delete
  6. Yoga pants is usually at the top of the engine revving list for me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. At the moment, nothing revs my engine and even a wild hair (or a wild hare)up my ass doesn't sound exciting. I may be dead and don't know it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if you had a wild hare up your ass you'd know it...now, if it revved your engine is another story.

      Delete
  8. At the moment my engines are rev'ed. Being an introverted type of person I haven't noticed the so called lock down. Except when I do have to go out the traffic is lighter. And that's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like you have it made. I guess the lock down has been easier on introverts.

      Delete