Thursday, April 02, 2020

Quarantined Day #2

 All is well on the good ship SS Quarantine in sunny Pensacola, Florida.  I got up before sunrise so I could go sit out back and watch and listen to the birds. Naturally, I forgot my phone and/or my camera or else I could have gotten some wonderful pictures. The birds are starting to let me get closer and closer to them. Each day I move my chair a little closer. Tomorrow, we'll see what happens. With my luck lately, the heavens will probably open up and one of Florida's famous torrential downpours will happen just when I sit down and get comfortable. Oh well, at least the flowers and trees and lawns and such will be happy and there's always another day.

I guess that's what I've learned through this whole ordeal and that's that there's always another day to get stuff done. People put too much stuff on their plate and stress themselves out about it. People, you need to stop it! Be kind to yourselves! Be kind to those around you! Enjoy your families and your time together. Find a reason to smile. Find a reason to laugh. Go get some fresh air even if it's only in your backyard. Sit down and relax and just breathe for awhile. For some people they never just breathe. They stay wound tighter than a top and those type of people are very hard to be around. Holy Hell! Do they even have a clue that it's like scaping a blackboard to be around them? I don't think they know
that or maybe they do know it and they don't care that they make people uncomfortable to be around them. Wow! That's scary because if they don't care that means they're real heavy duty grade A assholes and let's face it, we all know plenty of Type A summa cum laude assholes who are control freaks. Okay, Type A's,  you aren't magically excluded from this so you need to chill out and binge watch Northern Exposure (Four Seasons) or something. I would have to say Chris Stevens and I have the same philosophy in life. Imagine that! How many of you ever watched Northern Exposure or even remember it? OMG! Please, don't everyone say they loved Gilligan's Island, but hated Northern Exposure or better yet say WTF is Northern Exposure? Don't make me have to go chill out in the backyard and pump up the music! I hate when that happens!

P.S. The Blue Angels are practicing right now and so we're getting a free air show today.

22 comments:

  1. I loved Northern Exposure. Yes, John and Janine were, well...let's just say they did if for me. I followed Rob over to Numb3rs.

    I've done nothing but chill for 6 months, although I am still waiting to exhale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a huge fan also. Loved all the quirky characters and I think a slow exhale is in order. Just let it out gradually and then kick back and relax. Just keep telling yourself that it's going to be okay until it is.

      Delete
  2. I've been taking a 2 hour nap every afternoon; my insomnia keeps me up at night.

    everything is in bloom round here.

    I went into my office today; one of us is in the office each day. I got a shitload of work done in 5 hours; no interruptions from the phones or my 6 co-workers. I miss my job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you're able to at least take a nap. Insomnia sucks. I have battled it my entire adult life. Sometimes I go 2 or 3 days at a time without any sleep and that isn't any fun. It takes a toll on a person. It's been awhile now since I've had a good bout of insomnia. I keep lying to myself and say that it's gone for good. Ha! I know better. It'll be back just when I least need it to come back. Oh well! Things could be worse... Trumps kids could be presidents! OMG! That's not even funny!

      Delete
    2. Someone needs to come kick my ass for writing that lol

      Delete
  3. Northern Exposure was one of my favorite programs and I was sorry when it went off the air. It was about good, quirky people and probably wouldn’t last four episodes in today’s market. Everything on TV today is about evil ( there is even a program on now called Evil) murder, or sitcoms where people yell at each other. I have hundreds of channels to watch and nothing to see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated to see it go too, but I agree with you about it not having the same appeal in today's market. People's tastes seem to have changed. I watch mostly Netflix, etc and very little on regular TV

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed Northern Exposure too when it was on TV! I try to have one special task per day and that's it. Yesterday I changed all the aluminum foil liners in my stovetop elements. Today I'm going to make spanakopita for dinner. Now THAT'S an exciting life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to have a task or two per day also. That reminds me it's time to make new aluminum foil hats to protect me from Marth's brain waves. Her husband was the one who advised me to make one so I did.

      Okay...I've got to ask and it's probably showing my ignorance but what is spanakopita? I know I can google it but I'd rather ask you. We all have just the lives we want and nothing more.

      Delete
  5. Sorry, but I am going to send you back into the yard.
    I have heard of Northern Exposure - but never seen it.
    And hooray for bird watching. We can now hand feed quite a number of the birds who visit - which is an incredible privilege.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I figured you would :)

      You should watch it...it'd give you a slant on us crazy Americans.

      I'm jealous about your hand feeding the birds. How long did it take to do that?

      Delete
    2. A few seasons of feeding them I think. I feature a few of them on my blog today.

      Delete
    3. I'll check them out later today when I come in from working. I've noticed that several of them keep getting closer and closer to me. It's really incredible.

      Delete
  6. I moved to Seattle from the PA during the final year Northern Exposure. (1995) The town where this was filmed was about an hour to 1.5 hrs away. We went one Saturday and it was exactly how you see it on TV. We went to the radio station, Doc's office, the bar. It was all there and just as you like. Even the mural on the side of the building at the beginning of the show. We drove around the tiny town and saw where certain characters supposedly lived. Great fun because we loved this show. And btw, I hated Gilligan's Island. Even as a kid I thought it was dumb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gilligan's Island was meant to be dumb and light hearted I think. If it was meant to be serious I totally missed that meeting.

      Wow! That had to be something to see where Northern Exposure was filmed. I bet it was fun and I'm jealous!

      Delete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop it! The only acceptable reason to remove a comment is if you are baking me a pie.

      Delete
  8. Well, you know I love the birds! And I have been enjoying your blog but haven't been able to leave comments of late. I am so glad your doing well in these crazy time Mildred.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who's doing well? They have me in a straight jacket thrown in a closet somewhere. Have you ever tried typing while in a straight jacket? Another fine mess Mildred has gotten herself in...where's Cecil when she needs him? he's out back eating bird seed and clucking at some silly French Hen.

      Delete
  9. I had to look up Northern Exposure to see how long ago it was. 1990 was its start. 6 seasons. I remember watching it but I don't know if I made through all six seasons. I probably could start all over again and it would all be brand new.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it might be worth the rewatch. I've got some of the seasons on DVD's because I'm old school. :)

      Delete