Wednesday, June 20, 2018

LOOKING THROUGH SOMEONE ELSE'S EYES


Related imageMany of you are already familiar with Klahanie Blog, but for those of you who aren't, I'd like to share Gary's story titled Twenty Years Ago. His honesty left me truly breathless, tearful and humbled by the pain and the helplessness he has struggled to overcome. Suddenly, my pain seemed minuscule and insignificant in comparison. Gary's story was just the reality check and kick in the ass I needed to start these rusty, old wheels grinding again so I can contemplate a life outside the cave in which I live. Right now that thought scares me, but I hope in time I can look forward to anticipating tomorrow as today ends. Please take a few minutes to pay Gary a visit and cheer him on as he continues to evolve.


6 comments:

  1. I was so choked up when I got finished reading his story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It always amazes me how much pain a person can endure during their lifetime.

      Delete
  2. Gary is a hugely special person. Who fought, and continues to fight hard - for others more often than himself.
    And thank you so much for your thoughtful and much appreciated comment on my latest post. I have been out all day, and it brightened my return.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I unfortunately don't know much about Gary other than I was moved by what he wrote. I felt the pain and the courage in his words.

      Your post was incredible. I was honored to have read it and appreciate your honesty. Such candor should always be praised because opening up and letting people peek at what's inside us is never an easy thing to do. Thank you for sharing such a painful part of your life.

      Delete
  3. I started blogging in 2010 and Gary has been one that I care for in his journey. God bless him, and God bless you for your own struggles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words, but I don't look at them as struggles. I see them as opportunities to learn and to grow and to become a stronger more compassionate person.

      Delete