Friday, October 21, 2022

MESSAGES FROM ABOVE

 Every now and then I pay attention to billboards I see around town, Here are a few I've seen in my travels around the Redneck Riviera:



It looks like we might still be fighting the Civil War here.
Didn't anyone tell these folks the war was over in 1865?
That doesn't look like one nation under God to me.


This one gave me the creeps. Okay, I get it! Don't sleep with your baby!
You might smother your baby, but come on, a billboard?
What happened to common sense?


It looks like we have a local syphilis problem!
So go to your doctor.
Get some penicillin. End of story!


Oh yeah! We definitely have a syphilis problem
when I see at least 5 billboards in a few miles. 
So go see your doctor and stop spreading 
that stuff around you nasty scum buckets!


This one just seems crazy to me! I know there's people out
there who don't vaccinate their children, but they usually live to regret it
as soon as their child gets one or more childhood diseases.
I've never known anyone who gotten these things listed here from a vaccination.


When I was a child how childhood diseases were handled was if there was an outbreak of measles or chicken pox, you'd expose your child to them to get them over the disease. One winter when I was very young. I don't think I was even school age yet, I was very sick. I had one thing right after another. By Christmas, I was so weak I had to be carried downstairs to open my gifts. The one thing I didn't have that winter was chicken pox.

I saved that honor until I was 28 years old and my husband gave me a helluva case of chicken pox when he came home on leave. That's a post for another time...

I guess what I want to say here is why wouldn't anyone want to protect their child against getting this disease or any other disease? Any medicine has a risk of having a side effect. Does that mean don't take it? You take it with caution. You educate yourself. You arm yourself with the facts and then you do what you think is best. Some people think putting an unvaccinated child out in this germ filled world is what's best while others want to do everything they can do to safeguard their child. What do you think?

An afterthought: Don't schools require vaccinations in order to register your children for school? Is the way around that requirement to homeschool your children? These children are not only high risk to catching childhood diseases as adults, they also develop no social skills because they grow up being isolated from other children. Wow! Wow! Wow! And again wow!

Repost from Oct 29, 2019

7 comments:

  1. I ask this all the time because I don't have children. I had to have a plethora of vaccines before I could be enrolled in school. Was that stopped? What brain trust would stop something like that? Why did we take information on diseases more seriously than we do today?
    I agree with everything you said here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it was stopped. I think it's still required to get into public schools, but I just don't get why people think it's okay to not vaccinate. I can truly attest to how sick I was as an adult when I got chicken pox. Trust me! You don't want a childhood illness as an adult!

      Delete
  2. The anti vaccinators seem to have more money than sense (billboards don't come cheap). Syphilis must be a huge (and spreading) problem. Our billboards are few and far between and mostly concerned with touting products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're correct billboards don't come cheap and some people have no sense! I hate to say this but I live in a military town and well....sailors like too spread stuff around so it seems!

      Delete
  3. I got to the antivaxxer meme and thought oh great, the nutjobs are advertising now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mike, I live where the nutjobs run the place of course they advertise. They do everything here. Back in the day, they were the ones that murdered abortion doctors, etc.

      Delete
  4. I understand vaccine caution, not avoidance. What I do not like is giving children several at once, space them out so if they do have an adverse reaction, you know which vaccine caused it.

    Yes, they need to be vaccinated to go to school most of the time, but in many places, you can opt out for various reasons.

    I home educated my children during their primary school years, took them lots of places, had them in a homeschool cooperative with other children, had them in sports and didn't lock them in a closet so I promise when done right, home education does socialize the children properly.

    One reason I did so was so I could be in charge of Bigger Girl's education and therapy. I was told with the laundry list of things she had (which some people claimed were caused because I had her vaccinated, but I totally disagree and so does she), that if I worked very hard with her, she would be able to live in a group home setting someday and maybe even have a menial job.

    She's a college graduate, tutored calculus and physics to earn extra money while in school, has a job as an anesthetist assistant in a veterinary dental clinic, and is currently traveling abroad. That's the difference good home education and the right therapy can make for some kids, so please don't write it off entirely.

    ReplyDelete