Saturday, October 22, 2022

DAY 13 - 30 SONGS IN 30 DAYS

 Day 13: A song you like from the 70s 

Edgar Holland Winter (born December 28, 1946) is an American musician. He is a multi-instrumentalist, playing keyboards, guitar, saxophone, and percussion, as well as singing. His success peaked in the 1970s with his band the Edgar Winter Group and their popular songs "Frankenstein" and "Free Ride". He is the brother of late blues singer and guitarist Johnny Winter.

Winter was born to John Winter II and Edwina Winter on December 28, 1946, in Beaumont, Texas. Both he and his older brother Johnny were born with albinism. By the time he left the family home, Winter had already mastered numerous instruments and reading and writing music.

Winter and his wife, Monique, live in Beverly Hills, California. The couple have no children. Winter stated in an interview: "I can see how that would be a wonderful rewarding thing, but I think there are enough people in the world" and that "it might have been more problematical if I had children with a career and all of it. I tour all the time. If I were to have children, I would want to be home all the time."

* (borrowed from Wikipedia)

3 comments:

  1. I liked Edgar Winter's "Free Ride" in the 70s too. But since I was such a huge Cat Stevens fan, I'll pick his "MoonShadow" for my fave 70s song.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were so many great selections to choose from and yes, Cat Stevens was right up there!

      Delete
  2. A Fifth of Beethoven. My love of classical meets modernity.

    ReplyDelete