Thursday, October 20, 2022

OVER THE RAINBOW


BootsandBraids stated in a comment yesterday that I was brave, but while I may have spent my whole life being fearless I'm also foolish to cast caution to the wind as many times as I have. I'm lucky nothing bad has ever happened to me in any of these lapses of judgment on my part. I need to think before I act in the future. So for what it's worth I want to thank you for helping me define and clarify my actions.

The other night while chatting with a friend I had an amazing lightbulb moment. Suddenly everything became crystal clear, but in doing so it didn't make me feel better it made me feel empty. You see, I was told to trust my instincts, but to that I replied trusting my instinsts was the fastest route to OZ there is. Are my instincts really that bad? That flawed? I guess what I meant by that is with me you get a guaranteed adventure and who doesn't want an adventure? Adventures are full of fun and fantasy! It made me really sad because that's all there is...I'm just a bunch of adventures and nothing more. I'm Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds!

I want to be more than just Dorothy following the Yellow Brick Road or to be more than just Alice in Wonderland. I don't want to be just someone's adventure. Yes, adventures are great and we remember them always, but they end. The conclusions live on forever but here I am alone. I want the adventures to end or I want to find another adventurer...the male version of me. Is there one? Geez! I've been searching a very long time and that unicorn is an elusive creature. The next time I write I'll fill you in on what I've encountered to date.

10 comments:

  1. Don't listen to me because I am completely jaded and overly cautious. If you've read some of my old posts, you'll see that every time a man looks at me in a serious, not just a want to be friends way, I head for the hills because men have taught me to fear them in relationships where I've often seen them turn from Dr. Jekyll to Mr. Hyde.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too late! lol Seriously! I get what you were saying and you were right. I give absolutely no regard to my safety and never have. It's just a miracle I've never been harmed during any of my hair-brained adventures. I have every reason to shake in my shoes towards men but I don't. I think over the course of my life I've just grown numb to certain things.

      Delete
  2. Life has tried to end my adventure several times but I've beaten it back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seem to be like a Timex watch...we take a licking and keep on ticking. But there comes a time when you need to slow down and cool your jets and just just exhale. I want to ride that unicorn off into the sunset!

      Delete
  3. Let me put on a pair of ruby red slippers and see if it works in reverse.

    "There's no place like Oz. There's no place like Oz. There's no place like..."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kirk, I'm sure you'd look just darling in ruby slippers, but I hate to burst your bubble and tell you that it doesn't work that way! lol

      Delete
  4. Lightbulb moments can be scary. Sometimes I just wanna stay in the dark where it's safer. I am NOT brave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think we all like to stay in the dark where it's safe, but I'm all about discovery and exploring so I tend to poke and prod and PRESTO....I get those pesky lightbulb moments!

      Delete