Friday, October 14, 2022

PARALYSIS





One never realizes how far they have come in their
own journey of grief until they look back upon it. I just
found this poem I wrote about my mother dated March 14, 2021.



Paralysis

While spring has sprung,

the memory of death is all around me.

My nostrils welcome the sweet aroma of the springtime air

while it hides the putrid stench of decay and loss

with its perfume, a beguiling mask, a welcome escape.

The birds sing while I weep

Announcing the rebirth, a new beginning...a hunger for life

After such an unceremonious ending

My heart is broken.

Will this sadness dissipate or

Do I also just slip away into the night

Alone, lost and fearing the cold hand of death?


by Mildred Ratched aka Red Kitten >^.^< 



That's enough for today...I think I may go paint a picture!

4 comments:

  1. Grief is perhaps the most individual journey we take. I firmly believe that we don't 'get over it'. Instead we learn to live with it. Mostly. And some days it will bite us just as hard as it ever did.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree with you more. Some days I think I'm doing great and then POW something hits me and it's like I'm back at square one, but you know when that happens it's okay because the grief I feel is for someone I love dearly and that love doesn't just go away.

      Delete
  2. There is no loss quite like that of a parent. Our first home is the heart of our parents, and i am not looking forward to the day when i have to face that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I now live in the house that was my parents and I feel their presence with me all the time. It's both sad and comforting. I especially feel my mother when I go out in her art studio. I guess it's because she spent so much time out there. I know it certainly was her favorite place to be.

      Delete