Monday, October 17, 2022

THE MEAT MARKET

Listen up! I have not been on a date since 2005! OMG! I really can't believe I'm even considering doing this but here I go...After long and careful deliberation, I've decided to give dating another try. I'll probably throw in the towel and run for cover and regret doing this, but for now, I've made up my mind and I'm going to at least give it a try. How bad can it be, right? Oh please, don't answer that because I already know the answer. 

I remember the last time I did this and it was a long time ago. Look after you reach a certain point in your life, your dating prospects dwindle and the likelihood of meeting that diamond in rough is a long shot. I'm going into this with my eyes wide open because I know I'm damaged goods so like me I'm choosing from a bunch of damaged goods. I'm just hoping to find someone I can mesh well with and who doesn't try to either tell me I'm doing everything wrong in my life or that doesn't immediately sweep me off my feet only to disappoint me five minutes later by being a total loser. 

Semi-normal would be nice! Not on a bunch of psychiatric meds ...sorry that was my ex-husband and thanks but no thanks! I'm tired to being a caregiver! I want someone I can just enjoy life with and feel like I can finally exhale. Tall...intelligent with a great sense of humor and a sense of adventure. Definitely has to be open-minded. Looks aren't really that important to me but sure, it'd be nice to have someone that wasn't fugly. I'm not going to lie. We're all visual creatures and of course, we like to enjoy what we look at. I'm not even going to worry about the physical stuff because I figure that'll either click or it won't. If it doesn't it's back to the drawing board...

Wish me luck! I'm off to races or the meat market! lol

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I don't feel brave at this point. I'm taking baby steps and seeing where it takes me.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. lol...I always try to have fun and if nothin else I always have an adventure!

      Delete
  3. I wish you nothing but the best of luck and some damn funny stories to tell us about. C'mon, if nothing else you'll have blog fodder .ha ha
    I am certain that if you go in for someone to have fun with you will find someone to have fun with. If it doesn't become a love connection maybe a new friend to do things with while you continue dating/looking for Mr.Tall Funny Unfugly. It's exciting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got that right! I did this about 20 years ago and do have some stories from back then that I'll post. I'm sure you'll get a kick out of them.

      Delete
  4. Hope you find your soulmate! Cali G

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Cali! Thanks and time will tell. I do know exactly what I'm looking for, but that "unicorn" may be hard to find.

      Delete