Thursday, December 01, 2022

SHOW ME WHERE IT HURTS

When you've been hurt, what works best to help you heal? For me, I find writing is very therapeutic. It allows me to vent uninterrupted and it also allows me to see the problem as a whole instead of in disjointed parts that often times make no sense. This blog has been a blessing in many ways and one added bonus of blogging is getting other people's opinions on whatever the topic I choose to tackle. Interacting with others not only helps broaden my perspective and gives me much food for thought, but it helps me to see that I'm not alone even when things seem to be at a low point. The truth is that we all share the same human experience. We all hurt at times. We all get disappointed by people we love and we all can help each other by reaching out and sharing our pain and experiences with one another.

6 comments:

  1. If I have been badly hurt I need time alone. Quiet time. Preferably outside.
    Things percolate while I am quiet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most people tend to isolate themselves when they get hurt. It gives us time to lick our wounds and heal. Being outside on a nice sunny day sounds like music to my ears. I love the beach, but I'm afraid my fragile skin won't tolerate too much sunshine anymore. It's hard to believe that I was a beach bunny when I first moved to Florida many, many years ago.

      Delete
  2. This is a great post. When I'm hurt I just need to go off somewhere and cry my eyes out. Sometimes if I can, I will do some crafts providing I can move off my chair. Or I'll hunt up a good friend on FB who will talk to me for awhile till I am stable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice that you have good friends to help you through being sad. Yes, a good cry works for many people as well. I often thought I'd like to go in the middle of the woods somewhere remote and do a primal type scream. I never did...I think I was always afraid that I wouldn't stop screaming.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Absolutely but some people unfortunately don't get those needs met.

      Delete