Saturday, December 31, 2022

THANK-YOU!

Some people do this sort of thing on Facebook where things like food and family photos and political propaganda go, but I felt this was worthy of a blog post because it's special to me because of who sent it to me. I call him my "adopted son" and if I did that on Facebook it would cause mass hysteria of mega proportions so I'll do it here where people take things in stride. Early this morning I had a package delivered to me...you know how packages are still being delivered for Christmas. Our delivery services are certainly highly overwhelmed during the holiday season! When my son, Matthew came to check on me because I was pretty sick last night, he brought me in a huge box that had just been delivered and left by the front door.  I knew it couldn't be a man because the box wasn't big enough and there weren't any air holes in the box. When I opened it, all my dogs immediately started sniffing it so the containts got their approval. Inside was a beautiful Queen-size Alpaca blanket to go on my bed to keep me and my furbabies toasty warm.




Thor wants to know what's the hold up with putting the blanket on the bed? He's ready to break it in!
💓💓💓💓💓💓💓

UPDATE: My adopted son sent me an update regarding my gift since it arrived after Christmas (like that mattered to me...I don't paddle asses for minor offenses like that) lol  But he felt he needed to explain why my gift had been delayed. The blanket wasn't his first choice. He had ordered up a MAN (actual flesh and blood) for me, kind of a John Travolta looking-fellow with the dancing skills to back it up. That's what he paid for anyway. Sadly, the idiots at FedEx got the delivery instructions wrong when he said to poke some holes in the box so the hunk of burning love could breathe. Instead, they poked holes in the man. What a mess! Needless to say, he didn't survive shipping. The blanket was just a last minute attempt to save face. I felt it was only right that I update my blog entry with my adopted son's first intentions for my gift so everyone would know what a truly thoughtful person he is. What is it they say about good intentions? Isn't the road to Hell paved with them? hahaha!

I love my blanket...it's much, much better than any John Travolta doppelganger.

12 comments:

  1. What a sweet and thoughtful gift! You're good to people and that goodness comes back to you. :)
    Happy New Year to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was a sweet and thoughtful gift and much more practical than a man. I don't have to feed a blanket or share the remote control with it.

      Delete
    2. Where's my manners? Happy New Year to you also! I hope 2023 is a wonderful year that brings you and yours great happiness.

      Delete
  2. I think I called you Maddie by mistake when I left a comment here earlier. If so, my apologies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for being you/all you are; see you in 2023!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year and you just seem to bring the best out in everyone. I'm looking forward to the New Year with all the regulars and possibly some newbies along the way. Hopefully, good things are in the cards for all of us.

      Delete
  4. You have a wonderful "adopted son." I have one of those, and he brought his boy, my adopted grandson, to visit today.

    I wish you a blessed and beautiful 2023!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet! I wish the same for you each and every day and every year.

      Delete
  5. Yeah, I'd pick a beautiful, cozy Alpaca blanket as the perfect gift too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a beautiful gift. It certainly made me smile when I opened it.

      Delete