Saturday, December 17, 2022

30 TRUTHS IN 30 DAYS - DAY TWENTY-ONE

Truth #21: Variety is the spice of life. Yes, some people can take this concept a bit too far and get themselves in a lot of trouble with it especially regarding relationships, but in general it makes life much more interesting. Think about how boring everything would be if everyone thought the same way, acted the same way and did everything exactly alike. We would be nothing more than clones of each other! We would have no room for debate or for learning new things from one another. One of the things I enjoy the most in a new relationship of any type is the getting to know a person stage. This stage always allows me to broaden my horizons by teaching me new things and exposing me to new ideas and new interests I didn't have before. I've read books, listened to music, watched shows and movies, met people and gone places I never would have if I had closed myself off from the idea of variety being the spice of life and other people being the instrument leading me to that spice. Sometimes you just have to open your heart and mind in order to get a little spicy... 

4 comments:

  1. True. I try and keep an open mind, and have benefited from that. However, I do like some routine in my life. The purportedly Chinese curse 'may you live in interesting times' has always struck me as vicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone carries with them some type of routine...that's just life. Without it life would be pretty chaotic. Beyond that though I hope people allow themselves to venture into the unknown and find things to to broaden their minds and lives.

      Delete