Saturday, December 24, 2022

30 TRUTHS IN 30 DAYS - DAY TWENTY-EIGHT


Truth #28: The truth for Christmas Eve is that today is an excellent day to take a break and just enjoy the day even though it's the coldest day we've had in 30 years. I say "enjoy" the day and that's only after I brave the cold and go out shopping for puppy stuff so I can bring Thor to his new home and introduce him to his new family.  I have one dog sleeping on my heating pad meant for my injured shoulder and the others are snuggled up in their usual spots. I consider Tara, my cat to be one of the pack because she thinks she's a dog or a "cog" (cat-dog). Perhaps the old saying "nothing is constant but change" rings true today as my family increases in size. Later, I'll finish baking Christmas cookies and call it a day by greeting Santa Claus as he lands on my roof with some freshly baked cookies and a cup of hot cocoa before sending him on his way to deliver presents to all the good little boys and girls across the world...and probably a few naughty ones too!

2 comments:

  1. Christmas has landed here. It is warm and expected to get warmer.
    I hope that you and everyone you love have a wonderful day/season and year to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's colder here than it has been in 30 years. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and hope your New Year is full of love and all your favorite things. As always, thank you for all the terrific photos you always post.

      Delete