Sunday, December 11, 2022

30 TRUTHS IN 30 DAYS - DAY FIFTEEN

Truth #15: One of the most frustrating things in life is trying to be someone you aren't. Take someone who desperately wants to live what they perceive to be as a normal life, but they are completely miserable in doing so because that person needs a little spice, a little wild hair every now and then to feel what's normal for them, but to fit in they go against what their core is telling them to be. My mother always told me "to thine ownself be true" but how far should one take that? I'm not talking about let's all go out and swing from the trees, become serial killers or live out all our wildest fantasies, but what if someone struggles with living a lifestyle that's not meant for them to live. Life is too short to live it being void of any happiness, any satisfaction, any fulfillment. Shouldn't we all find our own path? Whatever that path is? If the beat we hear is a different one, then I think we owe it to ourselves to follow it to see where it will lead us. If that path is down some rabbit hole, then perhaps we should change our name to Alice and just enjoy the adventure.

4 comments:

  1. Yes. Though I am still not sure who I am. Years of repression (by others and by me)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank Jesus I gave any thought of normality the boot years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hear! Hear! I hear not the beat of a different drummer, but a whole symphony and it's marvelous when it gets cranked up.

      Delete
  3. I couldn’t have said it any better. A marvelous symphony. Yes! —jnuts

    ReplyDelete