Friday, December 23, 2022

30 TRUTHS IN 30 DAYS - DAY TWENTY-SEVEN

Truth #27: The saying goes it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all but I don't know if that's true because like a junkie once one tastes the sweet flavor of love, one always craves it again. Some spend their entire lives being with all the wrong people in pursuit of that one perfect, everlasting love. I liken that to continually crashing into a rock wall. It hurts and you never reach the destination you set out to reach. Long ago I found that being alone is better than being with the wrong person and it's also so much easier. There is no cure, quick fix or replacement for love. I think at this stage of my life when it comes to loyalty and companionship, I found the solution that's right for me. Having pets hasn't taken away my need for love, but they have filled a certain void.

6 comments:

  1. Hear, hear. I do share my life with a person but if anything were to happen to him or our relationship I am not looking to fill that gap. Living alone means many less compromises. The other animals who share my life are enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our furry friends do fill a special place in our hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always had a problem with that phrase "better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all" because, for one, you can't miss what you've never had. For two, looking back, I'd have been better off, less traumatized, had I not had the experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I can see the wisdom in that, but there's no replacement for real love. There's nothing like it in the world.

      Delete