Tuesday, December 13, 2022

30 TRUTHS IN 30 DAYS - DAY SEVENTEEN


Truth #17:  Worrying about anything never changes the outcome. All it does is make you tense, miserable and a borderline lunatic while you wait or work through a problem or find a solution to some pressing issue in your life. Sometimes it makes the matter seem impossible and a hundred worse than what it really is. I never could figure out why some people worry about EVERYTHING even about stuff that hasn't happened yet and may never happen. They have Plan A, Plan B and sometimes Plan C all figured out for things that might never happen. But of course if that zombie apocalypse does happen they'll be fully prepared for it while the rest of us perish wishing we had paid closer attention to what the worriers were doing.  

5 comments:

  1. It would be great of those of us who are worriers could control it. We can't. I never could understand people who didn't worry. Who just went on, la la la, never worried about anything. For me, since I have anxiety, it's all tied together. Can't fix it. So worry it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to not worry about things before it actually happens. My daughter tends to have all bases covered before ANYTHING happens. We seem to be polar oppisites in that regard, Although for a period of time several years ago out of the blue I started having panic attacks so bad I had to be hospitalized for them. It was horrible. I really felt I was coming unglued and all I could do is constantly pace. My blood pressure was sky high and my thoughts were racing and I couldn't sleep for days. I would have one panic attack on top of another. When I felt like I couldn't breathe, I knew I had to do something and then I started getting suicidal thoughts on top of it. The whole thing was so bizarre. I never had anything like it in my life and have never had anything like it since then. Maybe it's because I suppress worrying...who knows?

      Delete
    2. I do worry...I just don't do it before there's anything to worry about. And when I do worry I try to keep it at a minimum because it takes up too much space in my head with too much negative dialogue which makes working throuh the problem more difficult. And I truly am sorry that your anxiety/worry is so bothersome for you. Life would be so much easier and much more pleasant if things like worry and anxiety and a few other things didn't exist!

      Delete
  2. Worry is like a rocking chair, it feels like you're moving but you aren't getting anywhere!

    ReplyDelete